Dragon M26A1 Pershing Overhaul

This is an overhaul of Dragon’s M26A1 kit that I built close to 30 years ago when it was a new release. That was before I used to gloss coat before decals, flat coat after, and other such techniques… the original kit decals eventually lifted and flaked off over time, and I also found out that Marine Pershings in Korea were not repainted from Army OD into USMC green as they were taken from Army stocks. Recently I bought a set of Star Decals USMC Pershings in Korea, and about two weeks ago I started the overhaul by cutting back the front fenders to how photos showed. I was working on this between several other projects as paint or glue dried. This is from 1st USMC Tank Battalion during the winter of 1950/51 on the drive to Chosin and back.
I finally got this one’s overhaul finished yesterday…

23 Likes

Wow, nice recovery, looks great!

1 Like

Thank you sir! I’m happy that you like it.

1 Like

Good job Carlos. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Great job. The color and decals came out great. Any pics of how it looked before?

1 Like

You completely repainted that? I’m impressed! It looks incredible. I’m particularly fond of the fact that you didn’t make it look chipped and rusted like an abandoned target range vehicle.

I too would like to know if you have photos of your original work on it.

1 Like

You always fo a great job with your OD

2 Likes

@HeavyArty, @Apache26,

Here are the photos of before the overhaul. I never took any solo photos of the tank by itself.

This one is when it was in recent condition, with what’s left of the decals and before I cut the fenders back.

and this is after I started the overhaul, cutting back the fenders and removing what was left of the decals.

7 Likes