Dragon Sd.Kfz. 251/17 w/ 2cm Schwebelafette

So I’m wrapping up the build of my halftrack, and I’m trying to decide how I want to paint the camo. I’d like some input. I’m leaning towards something like these examples:

Idea 1:

Idea 2:

Idea 3:

• Idea 1
  • Idea 2
  • Idea 3
0 voters

Another question; were there stowage hooks or something similar on the sides of the HT? I think there was but I don’t know for sure. Thanks!

Colin :grin:

5 Likes

I personally think I’m leaning towards the bottom one but I like all of them.

2 Likes

No factory hooks although individual crews could have added some.

2 Likes

all three options look great so i can’t decide, i know this doesn’t help sorry

2 Likes

No worries! :grin:

1 Like

Alright, thanks!

1 Like

Top one I feel is over-weathered for my taste. I LOVE the effects but its not my personal bag for a vehicle that likely wouldn’t have lived long enough to get that dinged up. A masterclass in wear and chipping, streaking and desaturation of base colours yes, but not my personal preference on how I like to model personally. I’d absolutely love to be THAT good one day though, amazing.

Middle one is much more realistic and is much more “me” in terms of how I model and weather though I readily admit it doesn’t have the visual impact of the first model. Boring? I don’t know about that but I do think it probably needs a vignette or diorama to bring it to life and it probably lacks visual impact on its own.

The bottom one is the happy medium of both extremes and I think the camo is the best finished of the three. Love the stowage and mud effects and the extra tyre etc. The dinged up storage box I love as well. It is let down by those rubber tracks a little I think, but the end result finish is the best of the three in my opinion.

5 Likes

Thanks for your opinion! I personally agree about the first one. I just realized I didn’t make it clear that I was asking about camo. I edited my original post. I hope that doesn’t change people’s opinions. Oops! :grimacing::grin:

2 Likes

I will give the voting one more day, seeing as Ideas 1 and 3 are still tied. Thanks to all who’ve voted! :grin:

1 Like

I vote for the camo pattern on the bottom one, number 3.

2 Likes

Can you add your vote to the voting device? If not that’s okay, thanks for your input! :grin:

1 Like

Thanks to everyone who voted! It seems the general consensus is Idea 3, but I think I will do some more thinking before deciding for sure. I closed the poll in the meantime.

1 Like

I think the camo on #1 is my favorite, but agree with others that the weathering, though masterfully executed, is a bit heavy-handed.

:beer:

2 Likes

So what I think I’m going to do is take similar colors from idea 3 and use the pattern of idea 1, but with a soft edge. I feel like the grouping together like that would fit best. I’ll probably get some paint on it today, so I’ll post some pictures for y’all. Thanks again guys!

2 Likes

Yes, I think I prefer 3 for the same reasons.

3 Likes