DUKW: Italeri vs. I Love Kit

So another player is entering the game - Warslug has announced a DUKW. It includes the engine and from the CAD drawings does not have the drain slots in the side rails.
Their only previous release, the Rolls Royce Armoured Car, was decent - it included the interior missing from the Meng kit, but still had the same identity complex as Meng, not really a 1914, 1920 (as kitted) or 1924 version.

2 Likes

Already mentioned here, with CAD images:

1 Like

Yes, I know. But since this thread is about comparing the Italeri and I Love Kit models, my comments are relevant to this discussion, given that the lack of an engine and post-war drain slots are mentioned.

3 Likes

Wasn’t saying it didn’t belong, just pointing others to the other thread with CAD and more discussion on it.

1 Like

I would hope a brand new tooling of any kit would be better than tooling that is 30+ years old. However I am still very happy with my old Italeri DUKW though I will admit I did add the correct resin wheels, a Tamiya Deuce engine, filled in the drain holes, scratch built the fender skirts and added a hand woven set of rope fenders/bumpers.

Oh and an after market set of Archer decals.

p.s. Doing the necessary research and making those corrections actually made building the kit far more interesting! (For me anyway.)

5 Likes