Editing topic titles

I have been editing my topic titles to show where I am in the build, however would I be correct to think there seems to be a limit on the time your able to do this? Just tried to update the title on my Meng Leopard 2A7+ topic but not able to.

Thanks, jim.

Ah, it looks like I have been demoted from level 3 to level 2. What did I do wrong! Has the algorithm decided I’ve not been contributing enough? Could someone with the necessary activity please edit the title on the Leopard build just to remove the turret built addition please.

I’m off to nurse my bruised pride/ego/bottom and edit the other active build title before I get busted further! Ha!

Done Jim. That’s weird about your permissions.

1 Like

That’s great thanks very much Don!

Yeah I’m not saying I don’t deserve to be punished, just not for this…Ha!

Thanks again, Jim.

I think the relevant part in this case is this:
" All of the above criteria must be true to achieve trust level 3. Furthermore, unlike other trust levels, you can lose trust level 3 status. If you dip below these requirements in the last 100 days, you will be demoted back to Member. However, in order to avoid constant promotion/demotion situations, there is a 2-week grace period immediately after gaining Trust Level 3 during which you will not be demoted."

These two requirements can get tough in a very active forum
"

• Of topics created in the last 100 days, must have viewed 25% (capped at 500)
  • Of posts created in the last 100 days, must have read 25% (capped at 20k)
    "
2 Likes

Thanks for the explanation Robin. I have been off travelling around the country more recently so haven’t been reading as much as I would like.

Ah well, it was just the editing topic titles I’ll miss, I think letting people know where you are in a build is handy so they know they are going to see something new if they click, although I do accept my additions could be slightly cryptic at times so maybe it’s not a bad thing to remove that particular tool from my grasp!

Thanks again.

Just keep busy reading and replying and you will have that tool back.
Personally I’m in two minds about the editing of titles to show progress.
It could become confusing if the editing isn’t contained to a small part of the title
but I understand your reasons for doing it and I agree with your motives for it.
Sometimes life is just being difficult …

1 Like

Yeah will do Robin. I know what you mean about editing titles, but I always kept the original title first and, as you said, just changed the tag line. However as long as I can keep posting pics direct from my phone anything else is a bonus!

Keep up the good work, J.

1 Like

Robin, is topics viewed and posts read just in Armorama, or all of the Kitmaker sites?

1 Like

I would GUESS that the count goes across the whole group of forums.
When I look at my own, or your, activity list I see posts made in several forums
all jumbled up in one big list so I would assume that the count of viewed posts
has the same behaviour.
Armorama isn’t a forum of its own like it used to be before, now it is just category that can be assigned to posts.

2 Likes

Thanks Robin. That was my guess also. Do you know if the 100’s is a rolling 100 days or a fixed timeframe?

1 Like

Rolling.
There is a 2 week grace period after reaching trust level 3 so that people don’t get busted down the day after their promotion.
It’s not about punishment, it’s about finding those who are consistently active and can be counted on to be present to assist with topic editing.
There is no binary division in moderators vs regular users, users who are active get more “powers” and become more moderator than regular user since they are active and present.

2 Likes

Thank Robin. I’ll try to keep the treadmill running. I’m going to be in Europe for nearly a month and hope to be enjoying lots of non-modeling activities.

Were in Europe?

Taking a river boat trip from Amsterdam to Bucharest. I’ve not been to the Balkan countries before. It should be a lot of fun. It covers a lot of terrain without having to pack and unpack every couple of days.

2 Likes

WOW!!
Jealous as h*ll :innocent:

Trust levels???

See link in my post from 5 days ago :wink: