Embarrassing Moments, In The Early Mornin Dew, Carentan, June 1944

120mm Airborne Resin Figures Sculpted by Maurice Corry, offered by Mitches Military Models, Freedom Model Kits 1/16th German Sd.kfz.2 Kettenkraftrad Typ HK 101.
Resin figures painted in oils over an acrylic base. Scratch built outhouse and fencing with standard ground work applied over blue construction foam.

Bob, (Hope), was not expecting guests this fine June morning when he made a quick stop to take care of business. Freddie and Billy, however, were pretty giddy when they found a prize souvenir and plenty of chow and booze in the back of the track-bike. Sgt. Hank kept Bob under guard while the booty was tallied. Poor Bob!

This was a really fun build with a great set of figures and some good old scratch work as well. This is by far the quickest I have ever produced a Large-Scale figure diorama, just under six months.

All comments welcome. Cheers, Ski.

18 Likes

Great work. Looks like the quality of work that gets published. Very nice technique. Far better than my figures. Critique, it would have helped to have the smock unbuttoned with one hand holding the pants and the other raised in the air.

3 Likes

Absolutely brilliant, great to see some humour so well executed. Your figure painting is next level. Congratulations on a really well done little scene with so much in it. :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

2 Likes

Superb. A masterpiece.

1 Like

A phenomenal offering of sheer excellence…

1 Like

That is totally awesome. Everything looks so realistic from the helmet straps to the buttons to the superdetailing.

In Black and White photography, it could be mistaken for a real scene from WW2.

3 Likes

Thanks, Top. That would have been a lot of scratch work, so we’ll leave it up to the viewer to interpret the scene. This scenario was the only way to get them all in with the track-bike and condense the footprint of the base, hence Bob wasn’t actually caught with his pants down, HA!

However, he was drunk enough to leave his weapon on the driver’s seat :wink:

Thank you very much!

Tanks, Matt!!

Thanks, Johnny, you are too kind.

Thanks, Trisaw. I’m gonna have to try that, never thought about it, good idea. Ok, howz this?

7 Likes

You know how I feel,some of the best figs I have seen.

2 Likes

Absolutely outstanding in every way!

2 Likes

Awesome Black and White photo! :grinning: :+1:

2 Likes

Thanks, Tony, MH, and Trisaw!

2 Likes

Question: What do paratroopers do with prisoners on their way to their assembly areas? :thinking: :skull_and_crossbones:
:smiley: :canada:

How do you spell the sound you make as you draw your forefinger across your throat??
“Xkkkkk”??

2 Likes

Lol. I don’t think they’ll have too many problems with Bob, he’s toasted.

2 Likes

Absolutely beautiful “work”.
Outnumbered, outflanked, and surrounded, Bob is forced to surrender his fortified position to the enemy. Based on real-life, I’m sure! Seriously, just outstanding, especially the painting of the figures!
Cheers :beer:
Dave :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thanks, Dave. Poor Bob, poor Bob, lol.

1 Like

Ski, wondeful work!!!

It looks so real, and your painting skills are superb!!!

2 Likes

Thanks, I appreciate that, Brother! :wink:

2 Likes