Endkampf 1/35

Amazing how much of a story can be told with lots of drama and poignancy in such a small space with the proper author. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Damn, I am annoyed I missed this !! great topic and thge development and various processes you go through are always great to watch, and learn from.
I liked the initial scenario 1 and then the future changes to it to keep the lead MG guy looking like he is coming through a door to give cover fire. And I also agree that sometimes less is more … to much going on and you lose focus of the real story … :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you guys!
But I must ask you, is it really that bad to have a corner? Take a look at these pictures:
What I mean is that the gunner will automatically be in focus. The rest is just for the viewers to look at after they have understood the main story.
I will always bring my works to the competition’s in Sweden, and the judges look at the story but mostly how your skills are. A very small work have less possibility to win a price.
It is also a “photo generic” question, it will be much better pictures is you could have more than one angle. Around the corner it is possible to place a window, and that’s almost a “got to have” to let in light.
I know it’s my build,but I alway wants your thoughts.
You are my modeling friends:)

But with a corner I think it would be optimal to have the dead soldier to the left as you see in the last pictures. In the Verlinden base he is to the right, I have to live with that.
Cheers

X

With the dead guy in front it shows that he died in front of the door,
when he is ‘around the corner’ he is only part of the debris and general clutter.
He could also be just in front of the gunners feet, he got killed while the two of them defended the withdrawal into the doorway. When he is around the corner he could have been dead for hours.

Since you have already extended the base you might as well keep it. The reason for not having anything around the corner is that it is a distraction. If you leave the area empty it wil raise the question about why it is there, if you add details they will distract since they don’t belong to the story about the four soldiers and the doorway.
What you could do is to add an enemy sneaking into the scene pressed against the wall.
The gunner is focusing to the front and is totally unaware of what is happening around the corner.

Robin has a valid point why risk distracting from the main action. The dead guy at the gunners feet I think is a good idea as it ads to the drama and urgency, one down, one wounded, things are getting really messed up. Not so sure about the guy lurking in the corner though, have to think on it a bit.

2 Likes