Erik on the pipe organ - Toccata and Fugue in D Minor

Polar Lights
Haunted Manor model kit series
Play It Again, Tom
1/12 scale kit # POL984/12

Picked up this kit last year and now I’m finally getting to it. Hope to complete this by Halloween, This Year :grin:

First thing I noticed is that Erik needs to be weirder. I cut off his top hat and filled the top of his skull with sprue from the kit and some putty. Sanded this and material for a bald head. The kit mouth looked more goofy than weird and scary so I’m changing that.

Filed off his lips and opened the mouth. Stretched sprue for teeth. Installed the teeth and now working on the mask and thin lip creepiness…

:jack_o_lantern:

9 Likes

Some sculpting and paint. Erik is looking sinister

7 Likes

What? I don´t look like that! Neither do I play a pipe organ :grin:

3 Likes

Crushin’ it! :fist_right::jack_o_lantern::fist_left:

—mike

1 Like

so You say :grin:

1 Like

Trying to man. This kit is a toy. Fun concept so interesting. The head is the only custom mods that will be done. Now working on painting the pipe organ and the rest of the figure.

1 Like

I have a recommendation for the organ pipes if you’re doing shiny. …:paintbrush::sunglasses:
Vallejo has a Metal Color line of acrylics: Nos. 77.702 thru 77.725

I’ve used a couple of these and find them to be very nice. HTH.

—mike :jack_o_lantern:

1 Like

Yes, just squirt some in your cup and spray away.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads-up on those metallics. I’m going for a Black and White movie look so some of the steel, gun metal, and metallic gray colors may work for this

1 Like

4 Likes

It’s going to be a most horrific, scare-ific night of terror at the killersprueone residence! …
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahah … ha!

—mike :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Yes, yes, indeed. Muahhahahaha :skull: :ghost: :japanese_ogre: :robot: :japanese_goblin:

1 Like

Assembly of the action feature inside the organ :ghost:

2 Likes

thanks for looking …

4 Likes

And let’s give a big hand to Erik for tickling the ivories! :skull::musical_keyboard::skull: :notes: :notes::notes::notes: :notes::notes::notes::notes:

Looks fantastic! :ghost::clap::ghost::clap::clap::clap::clap:

—mike :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Thank you, Mike! I’m still touching up a few details so I’ll post a few more stills. Then on Halloween I’ll post the action vid :movie_camera: :film_strip: :ghost:

1 Like

Fun stuff - thanks for sharing and right in season .
Thanks for posting Bach as well - the seminal work for the pipe organ . This is one of those things that it would be SO COOL to be able to sit down and play without having to spend years learning how…
LOL

2 Likes

Another closer shot for details

@justsendit @brekinapez I just went with Dutchboy aerosol chrome straight out of the can. I guess it could look like polished brass in a black & white movie :movie_camera: :film_strip:

3 Likes

During ‘jump scare action’ tests, it was discovered that we need graphite added to the Metal rods :metal:t4:

3 Likes

Oh well, back to Basic Jump School with him! :ghost:

—mike :grin:

2 Likes