Ertl 1972 International Paystar 5000

Today I finished up my New York State Department of Transportation (NYSDOT) 1972 International Paystar 5000 tractor. I had the Paystar 5000 Cement Mixer kit,

but the mixer is destined for the Ertl Mack DM600. So, what to do with the Paystar 5000? I wanted to do a NYSDOT truck, but NYSDOT doesn’t use Paystars; however, Onondaga County does (photos by Ryan Pedone)

I used these trucks as inspiration for my fictitious NYSDOT Paystar. I shortened the mixer frame by 40mm in the middle of the frame, and by 10mm on the rear stringer. The fifth wheel came from the Mack DM600 kit, and the rear fenders are from the Revell of Germany Peterbilt Alaska Hauler (shortened to fit over two axles). The headache rack was built by a friend of mine, with the warning beacons from the AMT Ford Rescue Van, and the work lights from the Revell of Germany Kenworth T900. NYSDOT logos are from Diecast & Decals, license plates are from The Plate Shack, rear tires are from GW Trucks, and I added 1/8" screen behind the grill.

I’ll take some outside photos once I finish the AMT Load King lowboy.

Jim

8 Likes

Lovely build Jim, some really nice details and loads of extra work involved. I love it!

Cheers, D

Thanks, D. Went a little out of my wheelhouse (I hate that expression) with this one.

Jim

1 Like

Ok, so it took a while, but as promised here is the Paystar 5000 with the Load King FB34D lowboy:

NY plate from The Plate Shack (sorry it’s blurry):

Just a little weathering

Data plate from Internet photo of 1:1 trailer:

This is the kit I used:

Jim

3 Likes

Another great rig Jim - have you got a payload for the trailer?

cheers
Michael

1 Like

Thanks, Michael. No load planed for now. Just sort of a generic trailer. Might put something on it later.

Jim

1 Like

Beautifully done Jim, really nice work! I’m itching to get back to my Western Star after seeing your last couple of completed builds :sunglasses:

Cheers, D

Thanks, D., I appreciate it. How many builds do you have going now?

Jim

1 Like

Ummmm, well, you see it’s like this . . . . . . . . .

Scalemates Started 220827

Admittedly, quite a few of those are kits that I have bought second hand and already started, so that’s how I list them on my profile :thinking:

Actually active on the bench right now, or within reach at least . . . .

Hasegawa 1/8 Clerget Rotary (started 5 years ago, almost complete)
Italeri 1/24 Jeep “Farm Hack” (started in March this year, about 90% done)
Monogram 1/24 '56 Corvette (started a couple of weeks back)
Monogram 1/12 Mercedes 300SL (started Sept '21, slow going with very poor fitting parts)

Close by to the bench and pushing their way in . . . . .

Airfix 1/72 Short Stirling (started Sept '21, ready for primer)
Hasegawa 1/72 P-3C Orion (started Aug '19, ready for primer)
Italeri 1/24 Aussie Western Star (started Jan '21)

Plus a few builds stalled for various reasons.

Cheers, D