Esci/Ertl 1979 Kenworth K100C Aerodyne

I’ve had this kit kicking around for a decade or so:
Imgur

And in in an effort to further stall my Commercial Trucking Group Build 1976 Chevrolet Bison, in April I decided to start it. The goal was to make a nice looking tractor using everything from the original kit, and I think I succeeded. The kit is box-stock except that I shortened the frame 48mm to a 180" wheelbase. The Kenworth badges below the doors, on the quarter fenders, and on the seat back are JBOT decals I had kicking around, and the badge on the grill is from the Revell of Germany Kenworth W900. The color is Rust-oleum Navy Blue, and the interior color is Dupli-Color Buckskin. The decals are from the original 1992 kit.

Interior:
Imgur
Imgur

Frame with engine (easier to see without the cab):
Imgur

I did have an issue with some missing parts from the Detroit Diesel 8V92T, and was helped out by a member of another forum, and the valve covers are from Double Take Replicas.

Exterior:
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

Jim

5 Likes

Neat build Jim, well done! Great choice of colours, the Navy Blue sets off those decals really well.

Cheers, D

The colour combination is great. Very neat looking Kenworth.

cheers
Michael

Thanks, guys. I was really hoping that the blue on blue would work out, and I think the Navy Blue worked well. Midnight Blue might have been too dark.

Jim

I think I built this kit as a kid, many moons ago. Of course, your build is light years ahead of what I was able to achieve. Very nice indeed :clap: :clap: :clap: :slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks, Russelle. I built this kit back in 1985 or so, and I must say this one came out a lot better! I guess this is part of the “Rekindle My Youth” builds. I have a couple of kits in the stash that I had as a teenager that I want to build.

Jim

1 Like