Every Piece of Gear in An U.S. Army Jungle Warfare Soldier

Minutes from Carson?
My chapter of the SFMC is hosting a free range day at Cactus Flats on 29 April. Come on by!

Did I mention it was not cheap? Total price for everything was around $300.

Dude, I’d have given you a deal at $200.

Thanks for the invite. I’d love to make it! Please PM me details.

if I would’ve know at the time… :frowning: oh well.

I have too much time on my hands today.

To steer this back to the hobby, if one were to do a “what if” of a not so infeasible modern warfare scenario in the Pacific, then I’d say an odd ALICE pack would be totally appropriate, and maybe one man in a squad sporting an LC-2 rig. 2 Quart canteens would definitely be in the picture for everyone, either in MOLLE or ALICE carriers. I can picture a Live Resin style figure vignette in 1/16 resembling a modern U.S. jungle fighter like the ones in the photo I posted and possibly with optional head sculpts for a boonie hat or an ACH.

1 Like

1 Like

When I was in Nam, we never used the ALICE packs. We used Brown Paper Bags from SHOPRITE and Duct tape for pack straps. Just ask Norm Swartzkopf. He was my Platoon Leader.

For Apache26 and anyone else in SOCO. I’ve posted this before, but since all proceeds help vets get back on their feet, I’ll post again here:

Come talk to SF vets, all of whom actually wore this ancient gear. One of our members was a tunnel rat in 'Nam. Anyone between Dallas and Pueblo can ride with me the Thursday prior. Probably have to find a stripper to put you up for the night though. :frowning:

Nice pics. But don’t believe everything you see. :rofl:
Afghanistan, recent enough to be sporting the M17.

2 Likes

That one looks like a Tactical Tailor MALICE Pack.

Indeed. But at 1/35, the buckles won’t be discernible. I think I’ll go back and add ALICE packs to all my build that feature stowage. Drive the judges crazy if I ever enter another contest. Maybe write a link to this thread at the bottom of the registration sheet.

Gez I love hearing anything about Rangers… even stories about daily b.s.

One of my old acquaintances jumped into Omar Torrijo Airport during Operation Just Cause (1/75th Rangers).

I get a kick out of listening to the war stories.

Lol, same hear, just spent about an hour listening to old flight videos of pilots either being shot down or evading SAMS thru the HUD footage. Just love hearing the cross talk lingo.