F-4E Phantom

Hello all,

This my first post to this site. I finished this last month.
The “Wreckin Crew” was stationed at Korat RTAFB June of 1968. The jet was lost over Laos in June 1970. This is my Zoukei Mura F-4E early kit. This is my first ZM kit and I have to say I am a fan! The fit, instruction sheet and decals were outstanding. I also used Quinta cockpit, Hasegawa bombs, G Factor landing gear, Zotz decal sheet and AK real color paints. The Revetments are from USAF Flightline I purchased around 2015. After a little over 20 years of building this is my first Phantom (blasphemy right) and I enjoyed it so much getting another one.
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur
Imgur

18 Likes

Looking very sharp! That is one great looking build.And thank you for the history lesson on the actual subject aircraft.

3 Likes

Welcome Rod, and thats a great first thread with the F4 as the centre piece. It looks amazing and you have given it a great finish. On looking at the top image, I initially thought it was a real one in a museum !! … I have heard the ZM kits are pretty much up there as being the best or very close to it. Great work.

2 Likes

Absolutely amazing model and photos, great work!

1 Like

I have this kit in my stash, I hope I can do it justice like you have. Really nicely photographed as well.

Top notch.

Watto

1 Like

“Holy shait it’s Viper.” :sunglasses:

Welcome aboard Ron. The Phantom looks great. :+1:

1 Like

Welcome to the forum!

The F4 looks outstanding and very well photographed too.

1 Like

Excellent model and photography!

1 Like

To funny needed to look at it twice to realize it was a scale model, nicely done!

3 Likes

The best builds are the ones that can fool you into thinking they are actual aircraft. You achieved that look very well.

5 Likes

Nice job 100% killer indeed, looking like ready to pound some butt. :slightly_smiling_face: :blush: :kissing_smiling_eyes: Did the Pilot make it home?

1 Like

Really nice! Some of those pics look like the real deal. Well done.

1 Like

At first glance, it looked like the real deal, that’s an amazing build. Congrats !!

1 Like

Excellent model!!! Thanks for sharing! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Thank you for your reply. From what I could find it sounds like the crew did not make it back. I could be wrong though.

Rod