F/A-18F loadout

I’m working (very slowly) on the Meng 1/48 F/A-18F Super Hornet. This is a very nice kit that I am, as usual, making harder than it needs to be. At any rate, I’m getting close to thinking about the TUWs. Aside from the air-to-air AIM-9s and 120s, the kit comes with 2 GBU-16s and 2 AGM-65 Mavericks (appropriate enough, I guess). I also have leftover weapons from the -E kit that I finished as a Blue Angel, so I have two more GBU-16s and a couple of -24s. What I don’t have from either kit are any JDAMs, which I understand is the preferred ordinance for the Super Hornet.

Now, also have the Tamiya 1/48 F-14D which does have a couple of JDAMs, and I plan to make that TARPS equipped, so that gives me 2 JDAMw which will fit the Super Hornet kit (I checked).

So, finally, my question. If I load up my Hornet with the air-to-air and one tank, that leaves me four pylons. If I use the JDAMs on two of them, what would make sense for the other two? Mavericks, GBU-16s, or GBU-24s? Any suggestions welcome!

Michael :stuck_out_tongue:

Paveway and a Maverick

JDAMs and a Paveway

JDAMs, Paveway, and a Maverick

Paveways and a Maverick

JDAMs

Thanks! I guess the answer to my question then is, anything goes. As I’m doing Jolly Rogers 75th anniversary aircraft, maybe I’ll just use one of each as kind of a display of what’s possible.

Michael :stuck_out_tongue: