76KSO6MTAEZEWGBLRVX3BXNZ6Q
T-55 ARV

CPWXX42IUTM6BWVMSLMZNPHUC4
SL5YA56DCZQEJYFLTVOHRXVO2I
T5SYDOZYDUDEKN46UX4DJOVTSY
Filling station

1 Like

Couldn`t resist… :laughing:
First steps, painting suspension black and added tracks. filled drivers vision blocks, plated under the turret opening and added the cutouts for dozer blade hydraulics.

2 Likes

With these fire fighters , it would seem the the forrest fires would be knocked down in no time. Across Europe.

Sorry to bring this thread back to life, but I’m amazed that nobody has tried to replicate the “Big Wind” Firefighting tank that was deployed to Saudi Arabia just after the 1991 Gulf War to fight the massive oilfield fires cause by the retreating Iraqi Army.

Big WInd was originally built on a surplus T-34 tank chassis, while a newer version (below) was built using a T-54/55 chassis and it had two surplus MiG-21 Fighter jet engines with attached high pressure water hoses designed to douse the flames and choke out the fire, enabling oil workers to cap the wells and stop the fire.

2 Likes

Great! Thank you for sharing this video, never saw it before though I did knew about this vehicle. Would indeed be an very interesting model :+1:

That there were ‘surplus’ T-34 chassis available even into the 90’s boggle’s my mind. And that is the best melding of real world military equipment with science fiction that I’ve ever seen.

Chassis could be taken from an RFM T-34/85 1944 Factory 183 kit:

And then, the rest can be fashioned from styrene.

The company that build the prototype that became “Big Wind” is based out of Budapest, Hungary, so it wouldn’t surprise me that they found an old T-34 and thought. “How about we put jet engines on this?”

This Jet Engine Tank ‘Big Wind’ Can Smother Any Fire (motorbiscuit.com)

At least it’s available in 1/72nd scale…

https://www.ebay.com/itm/175382200050

H.P.