Finished ✅ M3 Honey

My M3 Honey is finally done. This is the Academy #1399 1/35 M3 Stuart “Honey” marked for the 8th King’s Royal Irish Hussars, Sidi Rezegh, Libya in Nov 1941. I built the model out of the box with the few exceptions: scratchbuilt stowage bin in the interior, drivers hatch prop rod, and a guitar string antenna. I used the kit vinyl tracks. It is painted in model master acrylic OD on the hull bottom with AK Real Color British caunter scheme camo. I painted the armor recognition flash on the lower front hull. I weathered with Tamiya brown panel liner pin wash and Weathering Master pigments set A. Sealed with model master acryl flat. Little bit of chipping by brush that I wasn’t real happy with :laughing: then finally a little successful very restrained sponge chipping thanks to some helpful comments from this group :pray:. and there we have it.

21 Likes

Nice finish. Like the dusted look. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Nice work. Looks great.

1 Like

Great little model! This cries out for a dio!

1 Like

Thanks! If only I was capable! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I think the best I could manage is a landscape base.

Congratulations !! I have recently finished the same model, I only gave away a few little things … However, vehicles in a desert paint job have a charm … :+1:
sorry for offtop

7 Likes

A landscape base and one fig is all you need to give the vehicle some context…

2 Likes

Very nice both of them, same tanks both really diferent finish.
And I like the stowage on yours Piotr.

1 Like

that build looks amazing, well done indeed

1 Like

Like your stowage Piotr!

Thanks girls! :grin: I watched Night Shift do it on YT…I like vehicles in desert painting - you can go crazy :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:I need to work on the photos…

1 Like

Great job on both tanks!!!

2 Likes