Fire Bee BQM-34A in 1/72 by PLUS MODEL ~COMPLETED~

Hi All,

What a neat little model to add to your appropriate heavy lift aircraft.

Here’s the archive link when I cracked open the box. Now let’s do some justice to a seldom thought about subject.

DSC02065 (Small)

Love this box art!

DSC00776 (Small)

There is some flash that has to come off the engine parts in order to get a fit and you will need clamps.

That’s a teaser yet more is soon to follow. Many thanks PLUS MODEL for sending this kit for review and to Sunward Hobbies for supplying the paint for the build.

Take care Everyone and remember, do plenty of research when it comes to your health.

3 Likes

Hi Folks,

Not too much of a challenge putting these little guys together, yet not a shake the box and a prize winner pops out either.

DSC00780 (Small)

Sanding and rescribing panel lines.

DSC00781 (Small)

The second one gets clamped.

DSC00782 (Small)

Styrene filler on the seams and in the exhaust mouth.

DSC00790 (Small)

Rivets added and some slight mods to the intake bezel part.

DSC00791 (Small)

I took way too much from this part and had to add some back.

DSC00792 (Small)

Top rail needs work to fit and clamps to stay put.

DSC00797 (Small)

Some 3M Bondo to fill a larger gap.

DSC00810 (Small)

Looks neat when done though.

DSC00812 (Small)

All wiped down with IPA and ready for primer.

Huge thanks to PLUS MODEL for sending these kits for review and to Sunward Hobbies for supplying the paint for the build.

Look for a cool accessory in the next blog. Thanks Everyone and keep a sharp mind.

2 Likes

Hi Folks,

I bought the paint needed to finish this project and Sunward Hobbies shipped them super quick. Point being is I can continue with these little guys and ultimately attach them to a model I’ve only seen done once… a very long time ago.

DSC00896 (Small)

PLUS MODEL print these Ryan Firebee instructions in orange yet do call out for the correct Insignia Red.

DSC00897 (Small)

Love this color!

DSC00898 (Small)

LOL, you label this picture.

DSC00899 (Small)

Just a few touch-ups and we’ll be set for decals.

Major shout-out to PLUS MODEL for sending the kit for review and to Sunward Hobbies for some of the paint used in the build.

More soon, thanks Everyone.

1 Like

Looking good! :+1: What’s the difference between the two drones? Just the paint scheme?

1 Like

Thank you! Yeah one’s in Navy and the other USAF. I will be doing a different model of the RYAN in a separate blog/series with a different carrying aircraft down the road. Glad you like them.

Decals are on.

DSC00904 (Small)

They are super thin, so be mindful of then rolling over.

DSC00948 (Small)

I miss spoke in the last post regarding the color. It seams to me that Insignia red is too red. All the pictures I have are Orange, save for the insignia white versions of course, with varying bleached tones. Perhaps Insignia Red sun bleaches quick for that look but I doubt it.

Big thank you to PLUS MODEL for sending the kit for review and to Sunward Hobbies for some of the paint used in the build.

More to come, thanks Everyone.

1 Like

Hi Folks,

Time for some weathering. I could have taken more step by step photos, but one shot covers everything.

DSC00953 (Small)

First the the exhaust was masked. Next the black went on. I left a few drops in the cup to dilute 90% with Mr. Thinner 400. It was lightly spayed on the panel lines to shade. The goofy looking one got more because of the number of drops it made. Once dried the 502 smoke washed the rivets and lines. These Firebees will get a few chips in select spots and then titanium plate effect just aft of the exhaust port. Meaning there’s more is to come on these little ones, which turn out to be not so little in real life.

Warmest thanks to PLUS MODEL for sending the kit to review and Sunward Hobbies for supplying some of the paint for the build.

Best of health Everyone.

1 Like

Hello Good People of The Planet Earth,

Don’t ask me where that came from HA HA, ok another comedic soft ball.

Anyway, time to wrap this one up. However, it will not be the last of these kits or the last time you’ll see these. Both will be attached to a Boston in USAF orange and bare metal.

DSC00988 (Small)

DSC00986 (Small)

DSC00985 (Small)

Neat little kits and certainly worth having a go at to liven up your 1/72 C-130, Neptune or many cold war heavy lift AC. I’ve even seen them tethered to a Sea King so, you have plenty of options.

Many thanks to PLUS MODEL for sending these kits for review and to Sunward Hobbies for supplying paint in the build.

Best of fit Everyone.

3 Likes

I’ve been following this from the very beginning and I think they’ve turned out beautifully!

1 Like

Thanks Boss!