First to Fight 1/72 Kfz 13 build

So Ezra, you and Stephen are already hashing out details for a somewhat different small scale campaign? Interesting in having it drop down into basically the naval scale. My campaigns were mainly Braille Scale (1/72) but the Braille Battlefield was open to anything but we felt that was perhaps 1/144 or a diorama in 1/285. Hmmm, still have a couple of T-72M1’s in 1/144 and some SdKfz-251c halftracks in 1/285 scale lying about.

Just a thought, now that the details are at this discussion point perhaps it might be wise to start a separate thread or Stephen’s original thread may end up being hi-jacked? :rofl: There used to be quite a few Small Scale aficionados on kitmaker and I know for a fact that some have been keeping a low profile. Anything to rouse them from their slumber would be a worthy cause! :laughing:

Cheers (where age and law appropriate),
–Jan :beer: :beer: :beer:

1 Like

Would this be restricted to kits not yet built and still in the box, and built only for this campaign? Or are partially built/painted kits permitted?
:smiley: :canada:

1 Like

Thanks Jan.
I don’t mind the thread hijacking, it’s a good place to kick around a few ideas. But yes a dedicated thread would be great. Hopefully it will get some interest.

@Biggles50 I know a lot of campaigns have allowed part started, so can’t see why this would be any different. No doubt I have few in a similar forgotten state and if a campaign helps people finish projects, that’s not a bad thing.

As for my “two cents/pence etc”, I believe the usual allowances were less than 50% complete. Also, the campaign leader usually was the judge but in a few campaigns judgement was by a common vote. The latter usually just dragged things out and the leader had to step in to settle things down. My personal view is that 25% might be more appropriate for a smaller scale as parts counts are usually low. Exceptions at the leader’s discretion. :wink:

Cheers,
—Jan :beer: :beer:

1 Like

Didn’t manage to be as productive as I had hoped this weekend. Concentrating on getting a Macchi 200 finished for the Malta campaign.

Just tidied up a few parts ready for fitting. Also drilled out and fitted a brass pin for the MG pedestal mount, as there wasn’t much for it to hold onto on the cab floor.

Looking at what few reference photos I can find showing the interior, there really wasn’t much inside. Besides from the uncomfortable looking drivers seat (which FtF seem to have gotten close) and the gunners pedestal, there’s really only some bins for the ammunition. Easy to make up from plastic stock.
The radio car was much more interesting. Radio, batteries and a little desk for the operator. Might have to get one of those.

Only a little work this afternoon.

Made up the ammunition boxes with some plastic stock. Not very clear in the photo, but I scribed in each box rather than make individual ones. Should show up better after paint and a dark wash.
I also fitted a plastic rod on the rear hull to mount the spare tyre.

2 Likes

@phantom_phanatic - Stephan,

As someone one said, “…some progress is better than no progress…” :thinking: Just happened to find a few images of a 1/72 RPM Kfz. 13 build along with this image of the interior.

The site can be found at 1/72 RPM Kfz.13 built.

Cheers,
Jan :beer: :beer: :beers:

P.S. Happy Halloween?

1 Like

Thanks, and a happy halloween to you. That’s a really useful build.
I think have some bits in spares I can use to add to the inside.

Glad to have been of assistance. :wink: Thought you might have a few spare bits and pieces to jazz up your build as that fellow did.

Cheers,
Jan :beer: :beer: