Flyhawk HMS Ajax on the way

:grinning: :canada:

1 Like

Cool, Flyhawk are showing British light cruisers some love.

Hopefully we may see some of the other classes as well but still very happy with what they have provided so far.

1 Like

Fantastic news! The first ship model I built my as the Airfix Ajax but was always disappointed at how bad the fit was and the simple details. This is very welcome.
I have their HMS Aurora and if that is anything to go by, the Ajax is going to be a great kit oob.

Hope they eventually release a Graf Spee, too! Sure, Trumpeter makes a 1/700, but it goes without saying that a Flyhawk one will be MUCH better! :+1:

1 Like

Yes. And the Achilles and 1939 fit Exeter. Got the Aoshima one, but it’s the later refit just before it was sunk.

Ha, ha! My first model of Ajax/Achilles was the ancient Eagle (Eaglewall Plastics) 1/1200 kit from some 60 yrs ago. Thought those kits looked pretty good way back then, and I bought as many as were available although, in Canada, they only appeared very sporadically in a few hobby stores, and even in some Woolworths. After seeing recent pics of some of them on line I am realizing that they were really quite poor, compared to modern molding.

I’ll build my Matchbox Graf Spee to go with it

I certainly hope there will be some pictures on these forums and not just a link to FB. Thank you.