Flyhawk's 1/72 Dauntless SBD-2 or SBD-3

Has anyone built either the 1/72 Dauntless SBD-2, or SBD-3, from Flyhawk? Comments on it?
:grin: :canada:

Hearsay, but for what it’s worth I’ve only heard praise for the Flyhawk Dauntless!

:raising_hand_man:

Magnus

I usually have praise for most kits (of any category) from Flyhawk, but I had a couple of criticisms of the SBD-3, and I wanted to see if anyone else encountered them, or if it was just me! For instance, I found the contours of the engine cowling didn’t match up well with those of the fuselage - especially in the area of the two cowling MG’s. I checked several photo’s and line drawings and they look different. I had to do some filing and sanding to make it look right (to me!). Also, Flyhawk didn’t include any interior decals for either the dashboard,or the radio, or any other notices and placards. In this respect, Arma, and Eduard, are superior. I was hoping for a “Deluxe” kit including these decals and PE would be released, but, so far, not yet, and probably not at all!
:grin: :canada:

I’ll have to get myself one, I have a Hasegawa Dauntless in the stash so it would be interesting to compare them! The Flyhawk kits aren’t that common here in Europe, I don’t know why.

:raising_hand_man:

Magnus