Forced Perspective Diorama

Erik, I was happy to read it as “true”. And I appreciate the compliment. I try… :grin:

1 Like

OK I too have something to contribute about forced perspectives from recent Armorama years…

1/32 & 1/72 scale Stukas…

1/72 Stuka, 1/76 scale trucks…

1/72 Stuka, 1/35 vehicles…

Scale’s limited only by the imagination :tumbler_glass:

4 Likes

Those all look great! Was Photoshop involved?

that one lone kid sort of reminds me of a bad dream that keeps revisiting you over and over. What you need is something like a 135mm lense (150mm better) with a fairly low number F stop. Maybe 3.0 or even less. I don’t think the typical macro concept is going to work well, but a close focus system may well work. I love macro photography (mostly insects on flowers) and depth becomes an issue. My normal goto lens is 85mm with about two inches of depth. The 135 will give some more depth, but you’ll need external lighting and and that alone eats light. With a 35mm film camera, I be thinking 150mm or maybe even 180mm and as fast an F stop as possible. Add to this, you need a rigid tripod and a cable type remote shutter release.
gary

Hah. I spend too much time on my main hobby to learn and practice another. Great photos add concepts!

Hey Ralph only some mild photoshopping (by Mike Koenig) - in the first two images he made the suspending fishing lines disappear (& enhanced the prop spin in the first only) and in the second some AA hits to the wing & tailplane. In the third nothing, the foreground jeep was propped at that angle & I blew down a plastic tube into a pile of dust out of frame on the left as I took the shot. Nothing in the fourth either, a still frame from video & a real detonation. I credited Mike in all the 30-odd images of the project irrespective of actual photoshopping because he’d helped out every step of the way – the full story: https://armorama.kitmaker.net/forums/259197?page=6

:tumbler_glass:

1 Like

Tim, It’s great to look-over those images again. The Stuka shots are some of my favorites. :camera_flash:

Cheers!:beer:
—mike

Very cool. They look so good. Wanna come to AZ and work with some of my stuff?

(Cheers Mike seems so long ago eh?) Thanks Ralph what a dream that would be, although judging by your brilliant Box dio I’d be learning far more from you! Whenever (if-ever?) we can travel freely again you got a standing invitation down-under too.

Meanwhile & come to think of it has anyone ever attempted a Diorama group build…? Components could be mailed, and/or photo-shopped into unified images… :thinking: if we all pulled together we should be able to nail D-Day in its entirety :exploding_head: :tumbler_glass: