Forgotten Wars Group Build

I’m interested, and have a few things in mind that would qualify. Not to mention I may grab a kit that I’ve had my eye on for a bit…

Apparently the forum software will not let me edit the original post anymore, but we have >10, so on Mar 1, I’ll kick off an official thread in the official forum…

1 Like

I’ll try to build Greek Valentine tank used in Cyprus crisis in 1963-1964:

It should be doable with moderate effort by using Tamia’s Valentine MK II/IV as base.

4 Likes

would the Yom Kippur war count? believe I will be getting the RFM t-34 d30 for my birthday which, if it is allowed, would be a nice out the box build

You bet!

drivel

1 Like

That would be a build I would love to see.

1 Like

This F4U-7 will be my build for the campaign … :slightly_smiling_face:

… as I’ve mentioned earlier, it’s a Corsair of the French Aéronavale during the Algeria War 1954-1962

I will join you guys much later in this campaign because first I have the sad duty to take part in the Steffen Arndt Memorial Campaign. Steffen was a core of the early Aeroscale Forum, was very active there for years and died suddenly about 2 weeks ago only 46 years old. I knew him personally from several model shows around Germany. So it’s no question that I take part in that campaign and I will build 2 FAA-Hellcats which will keep me busy for a while.

Stay safe!
Torsten :beer:

2 Likes

Thanks T, made me think about the stash in a whole new way. Turns out I’ve got an old Airfix SB2C with French marking for Indochina. Could be a contender.

Oh, lookee, I’ve also got a Heller T-28 Fennec with markings for Algeria 1960.

Spoilt for choice Mark. :joy:

LOL with around 400 kits in the stash, there probably not 40 military kits with non-US markings. And most of those are most likely German WWII hardware. And the rest are US subjects flying for peace time allies. So finding 2 (0.5%) that fit the bill is more like insane luck.

We’re only a couple of weeks out from the start of this. I, for one, can’t wait to get started on my own build and especially to see everyone else’s builds. People are proposing some very interesting subjects both on the ground and in the skies. It would be cool if someone would do a ship from the Falklands or something.

Here is my reference pic of the ARA General Belgrano which I will be doing a model of…

:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

8 Likes

@Mcrunty, I’m guessing from the pic you’re also building the sub?.. :laughing:

@barkingdigger Man, I was going to do that as a surprise addition but you figured it out. Now I have to change all my plans :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s hilarious!

:sunglasses:

Oh you’re BAD! :shushing_face: