Four Stars Miniatures: Bridgelayer for M1120 LHS | Armorama™

Bridgelayer conversion for a the M1120 truck

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/four-stars-miniatures-bridgelayer-for-m1120-lhs

:grin: :+1:

4 Likes

Very cool. Since these are usually carried on an M1120 LHS HEMTT. You can easily mate it w/the Trumpeter kit and have a great model.

4 Likes

Is it the same bridge though?
At first I thought it was but the REBS seems to be launched horizontally
and the one by 4-Stars is a scissors design.

REBS

Yup, good catch, I missed that too. Pics updated.

It looks like the bridge sections are similar, but not the same.

Looking closely at the Four Star piece, it looks really nice. 3D printing has come a long way.

I’m surprised there hasn’t been more comment or discussion on this announcement, this is, as @HeavyArty said, really cool, especially since the recent interest in soft skins/engineering battlefield equipment. If I had the time I’d be all over this one, the M1120 has always had a certain appeal to me.

Cajun :crocodile:

1 Like

Maybe it is too challenging. The price tag is scary …
right now it would be $135 + postage + possible customs and VAT charges in the US, it aint cheap …

Man what’s cheap now days, 1/72 scale aircraft going for $85.00 or more, that’s pricey! I think back to 20 years or so ago when Tamiya’s 1/350 USS Enterprise was $295.00! I almost . . . well it wasn’t pretty. It seems like any thing of interest is getting way out of hand, I’d like to get HF’s M501 Tractor but $168.00 is just too little for too much, oh well, c"est la vie.

Cajun :crocodile:

On the other hand: Not buying a bunch of cheap kits frees up capital for something really juicy.

One can pluck a man for 50 cents every day of the year but try getting 10 dollars from him.

2 Likes

and you actually get a lot of resin for €125 :wink:

But is this brigde in service with the US Army, or is it just manufacturer photos?

Regards

Thomas

(who thinks HEMTTs make cool model subjects, and Trumpeter should make the -A4 based versions as well as the PLS/PLSA1/LVSR vehicles)