France 1944

Thanks man , will try it out .

Ok what I did from Imgur was change the image from original size to large thumbnail when the image was brought up in the individual view box then chose to load here with [ linked bbc codes { message boards } ] . Bottom choice on the link and post list in the individual pic clicked on from my images page .

On the bottom of the box when you select a photo from your image page my photos were set on original , which I switched to large thumbnail which seemed to work for the oversized paste and the use of multiple photos linking with the bottom link choice - linked bbcode - message boards

LOL , Disregard all above , after posting got the broken link image on my second photo . Now for my next trick , uploading from my camera …

1 Like

OK , many thanks to SSGToms , holding down ctrl while choosing pics to upload works when downloading from my computer , [ downloads ] . However it does not work using this method directly from my camera , response is - this device does not support this function .
So bottom line for me is to download from camera to computer to here .
SSGToms , I owe ya a case of suds !!! , hell everyone else gets a case also for all your help !!!

1 Like

Ha ha thanks Cheyenne, glad to help! :beer: :beer: :beer:

Great going mate, you boldly went where angels feared to tread & pics are lookin’ sharp. I’d think we’d all want to upload from whatever our storage device was (not direct from camera) if only to back ‘em up in case this new site imploded one day?

Awesome work Cheyenne. It’s looking good, as expected!

Looks like we’ll get this new set up figured out, but I will have to get my posts started to grind thru the learning curve.

Ruck Over Bby!!

Hi Cheyenne,

That conservatory is amazing, the attention to detail is a joy to behold, :slightly_smiling_face:.

Cheers, :beer:,

G

Thanks G , done splitting and stacking my winter fire wood , should be back at the bench today working on the gate house .

Hey Brotha, how ya doin? Any updates??

Yeah , soon I hope . I’m the executor for my Mom’s will , selling property , verifying stocks and investments . When my Dad was alive everything was well organized . My Mom wasn’t so it’s a huge chore trying to straighten everything out . Phone and trips to the lawyer , real estate dudes etc. Thankfully she had zero debt aside from utilities , property taxes etc. There is a substantial dollar amount to the entire estate value but man it’s almost a full time job !!
The cable tv people wanted my Dad’s death certificate to shut off the service since he was the one who ordered it way back when , my Dad has been gone for many years , … hey I’ve got an idea how about I just don’t pay the bill , … will you shut it off then …

My sincere condoleances… :sob:
These things consume your time like the carpet your flying kit parts! We’ll see your updates appearing in due time

Discourse, the underlying SW for this forum, has a setup where users enter at a low level and then gradually gain access to more features/capacities.
I think it is mostly about making life difficult for spammers.
Read more about it here: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels

In short: Keep on posting, giving and receiving likes, reading posts, replying to others to build your “trust level”

LOTS of images in one single post seems to have strange effects.
As far as I know imgur does not have an issue with hot linking

Hey Glenn sorry to hear about your Mom. I know how you feel with settling the estate, I had to go through that for my Dad 5 years ago and man what a can of worms! My parents are divorced and I’ll have to do it again for my Mom in about 3 years or so…at least you have modeling to decompress and take your mind off things. Relax, have a cold one, and build something, brother. :beer:

Some free advice: Start tidying things up now, at least so that you start getting all the documents straight.

My mom is realistic about it so she has started tidying up herself, getting rid of old stuff she doesn’t need/want anymore.

Condolences about your Ma buddy. We all become orphans at some point but there’s only one Ma.
I went through the same thing with my Uncle. I was the exec. and it took over 7 months to put that thing to bed. Lots and lots of work and headaches. The biggest thing to tick me off was the ARP credit card. They would not retract that late charge fee! I was like…nah yo, he DAID !! They didn’t care, the dead guy owed them money and it didn’t matter.
I hate AARP to this day and will never deal with them,
J

Thanks guys appreciate the sentiments .
The real bear is almost everything is in my Father and Mothers name jointly . My Mother never had everything switched over to her name solo . Even her last will had my Father as first heir then the succession . She also had him as first executor , so everything I do I have to provide two death certificates and he died six years ago . Obtaining his notarized raised seal death certificates was a process . I had to have 15 [ so far ] new notarized raised seal certificates created , not fun retelling the same story over and over to every bureaucrat I had to deal with and forget about dealing with one person only to get cut off or routed to the wrong person and having to start all over .