French VPS, Operation Barkhane

@Boggie -I built a long Mercedes by extending the chassis frame and body.

1 Like

Love it!!! Congrats!

Thank you Stephane.

1 Like

Our local Modelling club had it’s first get together in 4 years so I included the VPS. I took some better photos and I thought I’d share them here.

10 Likes

Wow, that just looks stunning!

I really like how the VPS colors blend into the groundwork…everything looks so well detailed and dynamic…just awesome!

1 Like

Thank you Trisaw!

1 Like

Great to see this one again. You should be very proud of your work, it really looks amazing. I just wish you put a figure somewhere, Blast has some nice French figures in their catalogue.

And I must admit, your build made me want to do something similar… quite an unique subject, but Azimut conversion is a big turn off for me.

Well done!
Mario

1 Like

Maki, I thought twice about posting this again but the new photos really helped show this build. I did consider a figure or figures but I wanted this to be about the vehicle in a small foot print, I appreciate your thoughtful comments. Azimut makes another conversion which is simpler and it extends the short wheel base Wolf to a long one I have that partially built as well but that is intended for another project. I’d like to see what you’d do if you do tackle it, good luck and thank you.

1 Like

The guy from Azimut is usually on Moson show that I attend every year, and I have to be honest… I’ve thought about getting the conversion. But all the horror stories with Azimut cast, fit and customer service somehow turn me down. We’ll see… perhaps I’ll bite the bullet next year. And if I do, I will definitely contact you for some tips.

Cheers,
Mario

1 Like

Maki If I can help I’d be happy to do so. There are a couple of key problems and they could have been avoided if I built up the kit differently. I left the roll cage until the end so I could work on the interior and that was a mistake, I should have built the conversion and the kit all together and then worried about the interior, I would have caught the wide roll bar problem. The gunners platform in the back was a big problem because the casting was so delicate and warped. The rear suspension was the strangest but easiest to fix. I still have a few parts left over and I have no idea where they were intended to go, the instructions were very poor. I think you could deal with all of these issues AND it was worth it in the end because it is such a unique vehicle.

1 Like

i have purchased Azimut conversion for Puch lang, yet i have-not tried it yet. There is a German company that produces various 3d printed wolf conversions that seems nice. You could try that perhaps?

Happy modelling!

1 Like

iguanac

This looks very promising, thanks for the link.

2 Likes