Fruil Tiger tracks

I have been building multiple sets of tiger tracks and thought I would show some pics later after they all end up being finished. They will included four different sets. Fruil, Tamiya rubber band, Tamiya put together links, and Dragon rubber band.

As I am doing all of them I have some thoughts on all of them. but I will let the pics when I am finished show my thoughts.

First I am curious if others doing the fruils notice how bad they naturally bend in an arc? I also posted a set of Fruil King Tiger to show that they are sitting straight with no issues. I have dry fitted the fruil Tigers and yes, they are kind of an issue. But I will go into that later.

My point might being that with the Tiger set, it might really not be worth it once finished. We shall see.

I have assembled 2 sets of Friul Tiger I tracks and have noticed this lateral arcing also. It has to do with the microscopic play in the holes and which end is closed. If you just bend the track run back against a straight edge, it will correct the problem.

1 Like

@SSGToms is on the mark.

I did an original set of Tiger Fruils with the ancient press down clasps instead of the wire pin and they didn’t have the arc issue. I’ve see the arc occur with other wire pin sets but its been easy enough to sort out.

I have noticed the bend,but like it was mentioned,I just flex them straight,really no issues once installed on the model.
Once I used straight pins with a dome shaped head to assemble,looked pretty good

I have used straightened staples after I drill out the holes for the pins.They are cheap and I have a ton of them. I like the Friuels because there are no ejector pin marks and they want to sag properly.

FWIW - Jax makes a patina solution for white metal, plan to try that for the next Fruil’s I weather. Its like $8 for 16 oz. Figured I could try several different ones for the price.