Gatehouse France 1944

Fiddly little kits but the detail is quite nice for braille scale I think,
J

eh, wrong thread me thinks? This is in 1:35… I think this post as ment for the thread of G?

Oooops! You are correct Sir!
J

1 Like

Such great stuff… the only snag for me is … the engine cover is opened up on the other side as where the man lies… which makes me think… why is it opened? It is not like the woman would be doing anything with the engine… If the figures are lying the other way around, it could look like there was a problem with the engine which the guy tried to fix before they left… and then the were caught in the cross fire…

Well, just to add as a theory- one could imagine that whoever shot the two people in the car perhaps then opened the hood and disabled the engine so it couldn’t then be used.

1 Like

Thanks man , I plan on having a German soldier holding open the hood and peering in .
If that won’t work then I’ll use your idea of switching the woman and the dudes position on the ground as if they were having engine trouble with the guy checking the engine out just before they were shot up .

2 Likes

Thanks Karl , see my answer to bwilt .

1 Like

After endless harassment from my Skype meeting buddies , I added more ropeage and a few other stowageables . Thanks Erwin and Ryan you guys were right . A 1991 Tamiya bike , slightly modified and a little of this and that .
To clarify the story line I’ll add a tool box on the ground , the guy is working on the engine , the woman watching , surprise , Germans that did not take kindly to the double barrel .

13 Likes

Wow, a lot of addictions, works very well!

Steve , I call it modeling but yeah , it’s kinda like an addiction … BroSki !!!

1 Like

Looking much better with the ADDITIONS. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
It is probably the pictures, but the pavement looks rather reddish?

1 Like

Yup , thanks Erwin , granite can have grayish , red and yellow hues .

redcobbles1

4 Likes

Interesting new additions there Glenn- fleshing out the narrative very nicely.

Since it was my job, that red / yellow / violet stone is not granite but porphyry, similar to granite and gneiss, widely used for cobblestone works in Europe, polished it’s also used for decorations and tombstone

Thanks Vicious , granite , porphyry , it’s still redish , yellowish French cobbles .
Not exclusive to France as you stated .
Actually more durable than granite .

Thanks, I don’t hear that enough. :grin:

I like the additions and where the project is going. :+1:

1 Like

Very nice details on the car and the whole dio is impressive :+1:

1 Like

P.S. Where’s Granny’s rocking chair, it’s missing from the roof, sheesh!

Why did you leave me out? Claiming all credits for yourself, do you? :cry:

Those are some really nice additions, very niceley done!! Love the German next to the car as well!

1 Like