Gaz Tiger M - 233115 1:35

Hello

After over two months of struggle, the time has come to present my model. The model is built from the Meng set, plus E.T photoetch, a turret and figure from Liveresin, resin wheels. There were many first times during construction: the first attempt at the three-color camouflage and the first attempt at the PE. I am aware of many shortcomings and technical deficiencies in the execution, nevertheless the construction provided me with a lot of pleasure and fun. I invite you to watch 🙂

19 Likes

Very nicely done! My favorite bits are the container in the water and the graffiti on the reverse of the road sign.

3 Likes

Outstanding presentation and extremely nice attention to detail!

Слава Україні! :ukraine:
—mike

2 Likes

What an absolute beauty you have there Przemysław! It’s a well thought out piece of groundwork too with the sewer and some debris in the murky water. The soldier is nicely picked out I must say, with the small details all present and correct- is the camo uniform painted or is it a decal?

The Tiger is a really nice piece of work though, especially for first time PE and tri-color camo. The camo scheme is spot on with good shapes and tone but the mud weathering really brings it to life and grounds it in the scene. The window tints are a nice touch- how did you do that? And also- is the dash painted or is it a decal?

2 Likes

Excellent job. The Tiger came beautiful with some nice light weathering. The groundwork work is excellent too, the figure as well.

1 Like

Excellent work! The figure, vehicle weathering and composition are all first rate.

1 Like

Wow, that looks awesome! The colors just pop out at the viewer.

The scenery, the weathering, and the small details really adds to the overall interest of the vignette, as do the turned head, turret, and wheels.

I really like that Live-Resin turret.

Great job!

1 Like

Outstanding. I wondered who would use that sign first. Glad it was you. I wouldn’t have pulled it off nearly as well, although I still plan on trying.

2 Likes

Hi, Thank You for kind words :wink:

Windows are tinted wit a mixture of clear blue + clear green + MLT of Mr.Hobby. I tried the same with clear paints of Tamiya but for some reason it does not work, only Mr Hobby gives clear coat without foggy effect. Dashboard is made with the 3D decals from Quinta Studio. Uniform pattern is made of decals, also from Liversin - they are quite awesome, super thin, easy to make them soft and fall into depths of the figure, process of applying them was quite long though, I applied over 80 small pieces for this soldier.

4 Likes

Excelent job.

1 Like

Thank you for explaining that. I too had tried and failed to tint windows using Tamiya clear paints but on anything larger than, say, an indicator light the results were not great. Glad you found some paints that work well. The figure decals look awesome too- they sound nice to work with but I know from doing three figures in decal uniforms that it certainly does take some time!

Absolutely amazing work. The weathering is great. I usually shy away from using decals on figures, but you did a terrific job with these… I guess it took time, but it was well worth it.

Resin wheels are Meng as well? I think those are Kama tires, which were used on vehicle prototypes, now these Tigers use Michelin instead.

Perhaps you would be interested in submitting your work for Armorama photo feature?

Mario

2 Likes

Excellent model, details and presentation are great. My only suggestion would be to have the tire weathering match the hull weathering. The body appears to have gone through some mud but the tires don’t suggest that and the rear tire seems light on dust at least in the photos but it may exist on the model. Outside of that, it’s a great looking model and would many awards if entered.

1 Like

Hi, the wheels are from DEF however I have no clue which set it was. They were for Gaz 233114 so I drilled the resin rims out and glued in the rims from Meng kit.

That’s really a neat model. I’m very impressed with all the small details scattered around the piece and the camouflage on the soldier is crazy.

1 Like

I fully agree with all the others - a splendid model!
What I like most are the inscriptions on the road sign, but I don’t dare translate them here; suffice to say that it’s three times what all Ukrainians want to tell the Russians. Is that a commercially available decal? If so, it might become a top seller…
Peter

1 Like

Well, the sign says “go away”, “go away the other way”, “go away to russia” in “very kind” way :wink: I do not think it is available for sales - one of the modelshops in my city was giving this with any purchase You made there, It is printed on cardboard, the rest I built from hips.

3 Likes

Really nice work….!

1 Like

Great model and figure. Haven’t seen any of this type knocked out in Ukraine.

1 Like