I used oil paints for these. The eyes come in colored plastic, which honestly is a good thing. I still have issues painting very small things like that. I finished them off with a coat of wet effects. I was going to use future, but I think future is a little too thick for this. Maybe I should say my old bottle of future is too thick, not sure how old it is now. The eyes will be exposed, but the “guts” will be covered by a clear plastic part. So I wasn’t to worried about making them look great.
Odorless turpenoid. For all the years I’ve been using it, I’ve never had any Bandai plastic craze. The Barbatos gundam I posted in here a few months back was literally soaking in this completely several times. Clean, no primer or painted plastic. I still test, I know not all plastic is created equally. But for 13-14 years I’ve never had any problems with this. This is the only thing I use now for making washes and filters for everything I build.
I use Winsor and Newton oil paints. I usually put a primer down before using these. I used Mr. Surfacer 500 from a jar on the guts for this kit. I have layed oil paint on to bare Bandai plastic. I wouldn’t recommend it unless you know how the paint acts. For washes/filters, after it dries, the pigment doesn’t adhere to the plastic very well and can be knocked/rubbud off very easily. I will get it about where I want it and topcoat it. For painting on bare Bandai plastic, I’ve only done it sparingly and never had any issues. Other then waiting several days for it to dry.
Just finished snapping him together. There are some weird fit issues. Which I thought was more weird because it’s a Bandai kit. I built a T-70 x-wing from Bandai a few weeks ago and it had similar fit issues.