German Bedford MW 4by2 Beutewagen | Armorama™

Here we get a look at another offering from Gecko Models in the form of a 1/35th scale German Bedford MW 4x2 Beutewagen.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/german-bedford-mw-4by2-beutewagen

Could this be one of these? It’s certainly British somewhere under all that foliage, the steering wheel position and tyres give it away. This vehicle was in use by 9SS “Hohenstaufen” Divisional Begleit Kompanie as a gun tractor in 1943-4. BTW, the six digit SS number on the transfer sheet is far too late to be 1941, so could this also be a 9SS vehicle?

Here’s one taken in 1943 showing a Bedford in use as a Fahrschule (driving school) vehicle by 9SS troops during working up.

Still plenty of these around in Normandy 1944 - with 9 & 10 SS

Looking forwards to a uk version!

I don’t believe this is one due to the lights position and general lay out looks off.

If you are referring to the first picture I posted, I think you’re right. But I don’t know what it could be - Guy? Fordson?

Browsing through my bookshelves this afternoon, quite by chance I have discovered the identity of the truck with all the foliage in my first photo. It is a Guy “Ant”, the position of the lights confirms it. This is a vehicle unfortunately not modelled by anyone; IGB, ICM, or Gecko any offers?

I just got this in the mail today. I am very excited, and a little nervous, to build this kit.