German Fast Attack Craft, S-100 Class

Heading to the finish line and will hopefully be ready for our last meeting before Telford the next weekend.

The bridge is clamped in place, rafts and lifebuoy’s in place.

Nearly done, thanks for watching.

4 Likes

Trying to finish for Telford. Getting there…

Decided to hook up the anchor.

With a PE flag, better than the decal.

I don’t think this will be done in time…

Thanks for watching. :v:

4 Likes

Hi ya, I finally finished the Schnellboot. Ordered a Trumpeter display case for the build, thinking that at 501mm long it should be big enough. Man, was I surprised on how tight a fit it was gonna be.

In the end with the lid on, I was very pleased with the results.

What a ride! That was a great toe dipper in a manner of speaking. Great detail, a bit fiddly, bigger than expected, but very enjoyable overall.

Thanks for watching.

My next project will be a return to 1/35 AFV’s. Last time I built an AFV, I was in my early 20’s.

6 Likes

Very nice Gavin ! Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Very nice build!

1 Like

Lovely display!!! :+1: :+1:

1 Like

It’s so easy to get hung up on the details. I’ve been working on and off for at least ten years on mine. It’s not really a bad kit OOB, but Revell greatly simplified a lot of structural details, and omitted many rivets and weld seams. It’s been on temporary hold until I figure out the cable deck railing (not solid as Revell made it), and attaching canvass dodgers.
:smiley: :canada:

1 Like

Hi Leo!
Yeah, I can empathise with the need for detail but this time I wanted to do an OOB build this time round and only purchased the flag and ropes as extras.

Good luck bring your build to a finish.

Gavin

I’ve been eyeing Fore Hobby’s S-38B for a while. Not quite the same model as the S-100, but it is a much superior kit than Revell’s. Somewhat more expensive, too, but contains all necessary PE and turned brass barrels. Plus much better detailing and accuracy.
:smiley: :canada:

1 Like

Cool, I’ll take a gander. Thanks for sharing.

Lovely work Mate. I built this kit before and thoroughly enjoyed it…Cheers Mark

1 Like