German Rail Diorama

Wow. So sorry to hear that. Get better soon. Time to do research.

1 Like

Rest and heal up man

1 Like

Ouch! That looks painful! Take it easy and rest up. Especially the hands.
I do that sort of thing occasionally, the last time was in 2011, but never dislodged a filling!
Ken

1 Like

Hope the sidewalk is ok. :grinning:

Get well soon.

5 Likes

Come on chaps … it is a pavement over here … Jeez … next you’ll be saying we say Tomato wrong :grin:

5 Likes

I am sure y’all don’t like what I do with Queen’s er King’s English anyway. Sidewalk is probably the least offensive this ‘Merican does. :joy:

4 Likes

Yee Haa :grin:

4 Likes

“Mayter.” :tomato: “Tater Tot.” :potato: … They’s different “cullers” too.

—mike :grin:

4 Likes

Yes, the sidewalk (and the road) are formed out of pavement. And that would be the paving process.

OK, Tarmac, Bitumin, Concrete or Asphalt would be other names for it.

But of course (sadly) you did not fall on your asphalt, you fell on your face, but it was not your fault!

(Too soon to try and make you laugh???)

5 Likes

Thank you for making smile.

1 Like

Reminds me of some classic insurance claim descriptions, such as “I was driving perfectly normally when I was unexpectedly hit by an on-coming tree”.

3 Likes

Some of my favourites:
“Coming home, I drove into the wrong house and collided with a tree I don’t have.”
“The car in front hit the pedestrian but he got up so I hit him again”
“I thought my window was down, but I found it was up when I put my head through it.”
“I told the police that I was not injured, but on removing my hat found that I had a fractured skull.”
“I saw a slow moving, sad faced old gentleman as he bounced off the roof of my car.”
“I was sure the old fellow would never make it to the other side of the road when I struck him.”
“The pedestrian had no idea which way to run as I ran over him.”
“The pedestrian ran for the pavement, but I got him.”
“The accident was caused by me waving to the man I hit last week.”
“I bumped into a lamp-post which was obscured by human beings.”
Best of all:
“The indirect cause of the accident was a little guy in a small car with a big mouth.”

Cheers,

M

3 Likes

Man, sorry that happened. Hope it’s all healed up already.

1 Like

Don’t forget macadam - one can get quite scuffed up running into bark, too

1 Like

Thanks, I am slowly getting better.
I have tried a little modelling but the sprains in the hands make it difficult for long sessions at the bench.

3 Likes

I just can’t look at that photo , it looks like you pee’d off Mike Tyson .
That being said , I hope after all the time that has passed , you’re better and fit to go back to modeling .
I’ve messed meself up more times than I can count , … it ain’t fun .
I hope you’re ok man , I really do .

3 Likes

Thank you for kind words.

2 Likes

Looking forward to your full and speedy recovery. Your work is too good to make us wait for.

2 Likes

Thank you.
I fell down the stairs two weeks ago and I have been diagnosed with a blood clot on my left lung and I am waiting for a MRI scan.
I hope to try some modelling soon when it is less painfull to sit down.
@Johnnych01
@Cheyenne
@JPTRR
@Evan
@PolishBrigade12
@KoSprueone
@Dioramartin

2 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that - gravity sucks, but you can’t keep a good man down so we will patiently await your return to the workbench. Get well real soon :+1: :+1:

5 Likes