Go big or go home, Border to do a bomber in 1/35

as seen on their bookface page…

Did. Not. See. That. Coming.

12 Likes

With interior?

7 Likes

Very nice !!! But out of my league.

2 Likes

Interesting. I wish them luck with this release. Not my “cup 'o tea” at the moment, but it would be on top of my list if such subjects called to me.

1 Like

I get a kick reading airplane builders get excited about Border choosing 35th scale…

7 Likes

Damn that could make a very impressive BoB shot down diorama.

I’m going to watch this even though I really shouldnt .

Keith

3 Likes

Count me as one of them. Since 1/35 won out for military subjects in the late 70s it has been exasperating not being able to mix air and mud subjects.

4 Likes

Never mind the WW2 stuff - where are the 1:35 helicopters?

2 Likes

If only I had the display space and spare money for such a beauty!

1 Like

I must admit it does look impressive, and would be a bit of a monster; a decent enough opportunity to display some 1:35 senior Luftwaffe officers and staff cars as per, perhaps, the opening scenes in the film Battle of Britain?

2 Likes

Does this mean Revell is likely to never repop their He111?

Should have bought a couple more when they were still cheap.

They will once they cycle other subjects. As all manufacturers do. It will also be probably a quarter of the price of the Border kit. He111 in 1/35 is too big for me and im bugged by the idea it wont fit with my 1/32 collection. Thats why I skipped on the Nakajima.

If 1/35 is too big then I imagine the beast casting the shadow may well outside your liking:

My only pic of the actual plane was too blurry. I had a neighbor who sold 1/6 military at conventions/mail order who had every room downstairs decked out in figures and vehicles.

1 Like

Of course, armour could have gone 1/32 and been ever so slightly larger, too.

1 Like

What a beast, that is excellent. Not that I could spring for a kit, but it does have me drooling, just a little.

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately it did not. Tamiya settled on 1/35 and their offerings and quality were just too good.

I had to make the decision to stick with 1/32 as I am already so invested in it, but I do acknowledge the diorama possibilities.

However, I can’t display a Borders He111 next to my Revell as there are obvious size differences.

1 Like

Yeah, it does stink that I have so many 1/32 planes. Fortunately, I only have one, a ME 262, built. But I have several of Hasegawa’s Japanese fighters, and the Zoukei-Mura Kawasaki Ki-45 waiting in the…er, ah…wings. And a couple old Revell kits. :unamused:

84 kits; 27 built. So kind of committed. I have the Ki-45 as well as at least one of each of the Hasegawa kits.

1 Like

That’s the way it should have gone. At least that way people know what the actual scale ratio is. 1/35th? Has anybody ever cracked the code as to how they came up with that? I don’t think so. If I recall correctly, Mr Tamiya wrote in his company history that 1/35 was the random scale of the Panther so that it would fit in a standard size box; the panther was a huge success and they decided to scale everything to 1/35. This, in reality, 1/35 is a “box scale”. A very cool success story - box scale to industry standard.

1 Like