Great Lakes steamer Edmund Fitzgerald. A bone to be chewed. 'Inspirations' By Kirk Brust | Model Shipwrights

Adie Roberts continues his inspirations to help inspire modellers of all abilities to work out of their comfort zone building dioramas or just trying new builds.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://modelshipwrights.com/news/great-lakes-steamer-edmund-fitzgerald--a-bone-to-be-chewed---inspirations-by-kirk-brust
1 Like

Iron Shipwrights kit? I am currently working on that one.

Amazing - my favorite of this “ Inspirations “ series to date .

Great and flawless diorama. I love to watch it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Fantastic work Kirk! What scale is it?

I am simply agog about this hence my second post.
The more I look at it the more subtleties I discover.
The dynamics of the seaway are of course immediately eye catching but look at the hint of smoke coming from the stack and getting knocked down by the wind .The color of the water - the lighting in some of the pictures just says nighttime - I could go on and on but typing is painful.
As Tim asked , what scale ? Iron Shipwrights kit or other ? How did he do the water ? I googled the artists name and found he has also built a very large scale (7’-8’ ) RC Edmund Fitzgerald as well .
Thank you Adie for posting this but we need MORE !

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more with the response. And, here’s her story in song:

I guess this is the inspiration for the sub-title. Great model and a great song.

3 Likes

Hi I am so sorry for the long delay in answering your question I promise I will get hold of my friend Kirk and question him till he gives up the information lol for all that has asked for the scale, my apologies for not putting it in Adie

Wow. Fantastic work. That looks to be just about 7 pm.

First song I ever learned on the guitar by the way, while going to NMU - right off of Lake Superior.