Greeting from Vietnam - here come a new model branch B&L models

Ao dai Female will come up more, my friend

5 Likes

The Taxi in 1/35 scale

8 Likes

The Taxi looks really nice. it is based off the Renault 4CV.

5 Likes

How about offering a figure set for a South Vietnamese police officer directing traffic?

Or the ARVN version of the Military Police - They worked alongside US Army MPs during the war.

They were a staple of life in Saigon during the war. Probably molding one or two as riders on a Tamiya M151A1 as if patrolling the streets.

6 Likes

Off-topic caveat about Vietnam Post:

I ordered directly from Paracel Miniatures in Vietnam and Vietnamese Post is pretty good with a provided tracking number. HOWEVER, US Postal Service does not track International Vietnamese Post tracking numbers.

Thus, you can see where your package is by emailing the Vietnamese vendor (in this case, Paracel Miniatures) and asking them to track the tracking number for you.

My package arrived fine from Paracel Miniatures…took about a week-and-a-half to ship to the West Coast of the USA. I paid with PayPal and opted for Air Mail Delivery. I’ve had much slower deliveries from European nations even using Air Mail Delivery (one order took about one-and-a-quarter months to arrive from Europe).

3 Likes

You can also go here and input the tracking number. This and a few other services will track foreign posts that do not track via USPS.

Vietnam Post Tracking - AfterShip

2 Likes

Good caveat to mention.

1 Like

Thanks, Gino!

Another caveat…sometimes it is cheaper to order direct from the Vietnamese seller than from Hong Kong’s online hobby shop. As long as they have PayPal, you should be OK. If the Vietnamese website does not work (as in my case with all the Antivirus and VPN security that won’t allow me to check out), you can email them direct for their PayPal address.

Another off-topic caveat—with the pandemic over, Western YouTube Vloggers are going to Vietnam on their food and travel vlogs right now. Vietnam is pretty developed in many urban and rural areas with new buildings and services that even rival the West—you’d be surprised–as the recent YouTube Vietnam videos show. One after another, Vloggers and Western tourists are descending into Vietnam to travel, eat, vlog, and post. Thus, I hope to see more model kits coming out of this country in the future. :grinning:

3 Likes

Another valuable caveat to keep in mind when ordering.

1 Like

The US movie, Full Metal Jacket is full of iconic images, well suited for Vietnam War figures and diorama in my opinion.

Might be a sensitive issue in Vietnam, I have no idea.

However, the notorious, “Love, You Long Time” cafe corner scene would probably be a popular seller…

fullmetaljacketFEAT

6 Likes

Yeah; master Box released a set they titled “Somewhere in Saigon”; that features a South Vietnamese “soldier” working his side hustle, offering his LYLT services to two US servicemen.

The girl on the right is almost a dead-ringer to LYLT girl from FMJ.

5 Likes

Was this Traffic Cage common during those times? I thought it might be an interesting subject to go along with the bikes and taxis.

Caption: Saigon Traffic Police – December, 1967. (image for reference only)

—mike

4 Likes

i can imagine it was. Though bike traffic in 2023 HCMC is bigger than Saigon, 1968.

3 Likes

@Armor_Buff one thing you don’t want to do is re-enact that scene with a bargirl in Thailand, it puts you on the poop list faster than greased lighting and there will be no boom-boom for you…so I’ve been told by a friend who happened to have seen this happen :wink::sunglasses::zipper_mouth_face::bomb:

3 Likes

But “she love you long time.”… so I’ve been told. :kiss::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Yes it is, brother. My kit had decals and clear parts, too

3 Likes

My brother, they will come , kit set will have Police and MP, too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was using VNPOST with a good shipping price. Many package arrived to Spain, US, France, Britain even Ireland or Japan, they are in good condition.
Of course, you will have tracking number and beside it, I ll keep track it

4 Likes

As you can see, they are traffic jam in the heart of Saigon. The rear of Saigon not much traffic

5 Likes

After 1968, Saigon recover quick after TET offensive

4 Likes