Hasegawa 1/32 Ju87G-2 Stuka. All markings painted on

I bought this model when it first came out but it was only this year that I decided to build it mainly because I really fancied building it. For this to work for me I had to be able to replicate the pipework on the Cannon quite accurately. I had trawled the internet checking out what others had done but I had a photo that showed what the pipework looked like but it was blurry and very hard to work out the pipe runs. So what I have done is my very best guess based on what I could actually see. The other things that I needed to make this work were the Master Barrels for both the cannon and the rear 81z twin machine guns.
As with all of my models, the markings are painted on and I used MR. Paint throughout.

9 Likes

Super job on that Stuka!
Cheers,

1 Like

14969707-Grunge-pouce-vers-le-haut-comme-tampon-en-caoutchouc-illustration-Banque-d'images

Amazing work!!

David

1 Like

Outstanding!

1 Like

Possibly the nicest cannon toting Stuka I’ve seen. Beautiful paint job and great work on the markings.
Cheers,
C.

1 Like

Very nice work! I have yet to build a flying thingy but the Stuka is my all time favorite of them and this one might have given me the inspiration I need to build a Stuka and make a nice little scene :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do it, there are some nice schemes for Stukas. My next one will be in desert camo with a snake down the fuselage! You may have seen it?

1 Like

Superb job Mal, a real beauty and I’m floored you painted all markings - the spinner alone, how did you do that – freehand or masking? I hesitate to post images on your thread, pls forgive but like you I struggled to find really clear shots of the pipework, yours easily looks more convincing than mine although in partial defence I have a vague memory (from when I built them 5 years ago) that the pipework wasn’t exactly mirrored on each side (?) …

Clear & authenticated photos of Rudel’s plane during the battle of Kursk (not any of his later G-2s) were hard to find but I believe these markings are right. I thought about painting the call-sign but chickened out & used old Letraset rub-ons instead, overpainting just the green “B”…

That’s a 1/72 clone in the background, and here’s the 1/32 version coming in to land…

:tumbler_glass:

2 Likes

Thanks, I always paint on the markings! :slight_smile: I couldn’t find any photos of the pipework on the port cannon pod but several photos did suggest that the pipework wasn’t exactly the same on each aircraft. I would imagine that it was individually routed so there were slight differences. All had the loop though. Anyway, yours looks very good too :slight_smile: I might have pics of painting the spiral.

Painting the spiral:

3 Likes

Ayayay you’re a better man than I gunga-din, I’m gonna have a nightmare tonight about painting spinners. Brilliant! I’m relieved my memory wasn’t playing tricks as it sometimes does, I didn’t keep the photo-refs but I thought I recalled puzzling for a while over some apparent discrepancy between the two sides. Looking forward to seeing your desert version build – I think the box art for it is some of the best I’ve seen. I was hoping to find a good Henschel 129 & just saw the Zoukei-Mura 1/32 version costing more than my car’s worth! :tumbler_glass:

If you paint on the markings you can’t really not paint the spinner spiral! I’ve been planning the desert version with the snake for quit some time but just so much else to do! I have started the Airfix 1/24 Stuka for it but, like many a project that has stalled! I have the ZM Hs-129 and I’ve found an interesting desert scheme for that, better than the decal option :slight_smile:

Very nice weathering!

1 Like