Let’s go with a new project. This time I have returned to, as many modellers say, to the ‘Gentlemen’s scale’. So now I have a 1/72 EA-18G on the bench. Too tiny after the F-15 and the A-10, both at 1/48. So I’ll need my glasses for sure!!
Some pictures of the kit and sprues.
Some details of the panel lines (I repeat, too thin!!)
And the weapons sprues. She has two AGM-88, 2 AIM-120 (C version, I guess) ans 2 AIM-9X. My main idea is mount 2 HARMs and 2 120s.
As I’m waiting to receive the PE and the crew, I took a look at the instructions to see if I can make something meanwhile. And the first surprise is…
I need to remove some parts and fill with putty another ones. I have to apply putty in the cannon because this version has no cannon. A macro shot of the parts to work in
At least, I had time to remove the ‘some kind of antenna’ in the front before the kids wanted to have dinner
That’s all for now. I can’t make too much before the PE arrives, so I’ll go with the putty and painting the interior.
First steps done! I got the Eduard PE and could go with the cockpit and tube.
As you can see the original part is not like the PE, it’s smaller and the PE edges are visible.
Rear seat cockpit
And the tube with the PEs.
Thats’ for today. Painting the tube tomorrow.
Not to much for today, I could finish the cockpit. The seats are not done yet. They have much work to be done, as the Eduard kit is quite complete.
The Growler is back on the bench!
Almost a year in the hangar, and now she’s back again. Just fixed the main fuselage and applied some putty to hide some joints and cover the cannon, as that version has no internal gun.
I hope to make many more advances during the weekend.
Ejection seats done. The seat belts are not glued yet because I have to sit the pilots first.
I found that I had forgotten to add these photo etched parts
And fixed the wings also.
That’s all for now.
Good looking project. The PE cockpit definitely makes a difference!
The PE takes the cockpit to the next level indeed. The Eduard kit is very accurate and it has a lot of pieces.
Got the crew in the cockpit. I did not too much details in the pilots, as they won’t be very visible once I close the canopy.
I also applied some drybrush in the PEs
WIlling to finish this and begin the 15