Hasegawa EA-18G Growler VAQ-132 'Scorpions'

Let’s go with a new project. This time I have returned to, as many modellers say, to the ‘Gentlemen’s scale’. So now I have a 1/72 EA-18G on the bench. Too tiny after the F-15 and the A-10, both at 1/48. So I’ll need my glasses for sure!!

Some pictures of the kit and sprues.

The box

Instructions sheet

Some details of the panel lines (I repeat, too thin!!)

And the weapons sprues. She has two AGM-88, 2 AIM-120 (C version, I guess) ans 2 AIM-9X. My main idea is mount 2 HARMs and 2 120s.

As I’m waiting to receive the PE and the crew, I took a look at the instructions to see if I can make something meanwhile. And the first surprise is…

I need to remove some parts and fill with putty another ones. I have to apply putty in the cannon because this version has no cannon. A macro shot of the parts to work in

At least, I had time to remove the ‘some kind of antenna’ in the front before the kids wanted to have dinner :sweat_smile:

That’s all for now. I can’t make too much before the PE arrives, so I’ll go with the putty and painting the interior.

Regards!!!

4 Likes

First steps done! I got the Eduard PE and could go with the cockpit and tube.

Front cockpit

As you can see the original part is not like the PE, it’s smaller and the PE edges are visible.

Rear seat cockpit

And the tube with the PEs.

Thats’ for today. Painting the tube tomorrow.

Cheers!!!

2 Likes

Hi there!!

Not to much for today, I could finish the cockpit. The seats are not done yet. They have much work to be done, as the Eduard kit is quite complete.

Regards!!

2 Likes

The Growler is back on the bench!

Almost a year in the hangar, and now she’s back again. Just fixed the main fuselage and applied some putty to hide some joints and cover the cannon, as that version has no internal gun.

I hope to make many more advances during the weekend.

Cheers!!

1 Like

Last update.

Ejection seats done. The seat belts are not glued yet because I have to sit the pilots first.

I found that I had forgotten to add these photo etched parts

And fixed the wings also.

That’s all for now.

Cheers

2 Likes

Good looking project. The PE cockpit definitely makes a difference!

1 Like

Gracias, Carlos!

The PE takes the cockpit to the next level indeed. The Eduard kit is very accurate and it has a lot of pieces.

Regards!

Got the crew in the cockpit. I did not too much details in the pilots, as they won’t be very visible once I close the canopy.

I also applied some drybrush in the PEs

Regards!

3 Likes

Looking good Nacho. :+1::+1:

1 Like

Thanks Ryan!!

WIlling to finish this and begin the 15

1 Like

Going slow, but going on.

I finished the canopies and glued the landing gear hatches. Some more PE parts also.

And finally, I made the tail fins painted in camouflage. Right now it’s glossy coated, waiting for the decals.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Decals applied

2 Likes

Looking good Nacho. :+1::+1:

1 Like