Hasegawa SR-71 Egg Plane

This next build is another commission for a returning client. The kit is the Hasegawa SR-71 Egg Plane. Hasegawa has a large series of these egg planes. They feature an egg-shaped distorted interpretation of a real world aircraft. They are quite easy to build. It took me only a few days to build this interesting kit.
The fuselage, wings, and engines fit together nicely. I used Vallejo Jet Exhaust for the engines. I did add a couple of changes. I added cloth seatbelts to the seat and on the nose gear I drilled out the molded landing light and added a clear lens on it. The canopy was masked with kapton tape.
The entire aircraft was painted with Tamiya semi-gloss black. The kit decals went down very well. A final top coat of clear matte was sprayed completing this kit. This was a fun and easy kit to build. The novelty of the Hasegawa egg planes is interesting. I recommend these kits if it is something that interests you. Happy Modeling
You can see all the photos and details from start to finish in my build log at: Hasegawa SR-71 egg plane

8 Likes

We gotta have an egg plane campaign!

2 Likes

Wow, that’s an amazing egg plane.