Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT) OshKosh Gun Truck | Armorama™

A stunning build of the Heavy Expanded Mobility Tactical Truck (HEMTT) made by Oshkosh for the American military. This example represents a US Army M977A2 HEMTT gun truck used in Iraq.

This is partial text from the full article (usually with photos) at https://armorama.com/news/heavy-expanded-mobility-tactical-truck-hemtt-oshkosh-gun-truck
1 Like

Beautiful work. The USMC used these? Thought they shunned the HEMMT and used other vehicles, MTVR and that articulated relative of the Army’s HEMMT.

The write up on the article is wrong (in many ways.) The HEMTT is only used by the Army in the US military. Some foreign users (esp. Israel) use them as well.

It would also be nice to know the builder, kit, what he did to update / change it, etc…

Hi Arty
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you regarding the OShKosh HEMMT I always put into the very best of my knowledge and ability as much as I can. The kit is the Italeri it comes up in the title along with the scale and what it is etc. As for the USMC not using the HEMTT I was working on the theory of these pictures the second one I have blown up and you can clearly see the USMC number plate and USMC on the driver’s door, I hope that you and your family are all well, all the best Adie

Hi Adie

The pictured truck in your post is not a HEMTT, it’s the Mk48/Mk16 fifth wheel truck tractor variant of the LVS ( Logistics Vehicle System) series. it’s designed to tow the M870 family of semi-trailers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Logistics_Vehicle_System

H.P.

As H.P. says, the USMC uses Mk 48 LVS (Logistics Vehicle System), which is also an Oshkosh product. It uses the same cab and a few other components of the HEMTT but is a very different vehicle. It is a two-piece, articulated system with a cab unit and multiple rear sections that can be attached for different tasks.

Front section.

Articulated connection point.

Seems to be a fairly stock build. Even painted the same as the box art.

Technically well executed, save for that decal over the driver’s door, which I find odd. Robbo, I believe that just identifies the decal sheet. I’m not quite sure they’d give it such a “family friendly” name in theater. I’d remove it not only for that reaon but because the decal film is somewhat visible.

Somehow this reminds me of Plusmodel “U.S. Cardboard boxes” set…

H.P.

Obviously that box is incorrect. It would say: BOX, CARDBOARD, US ARMY

Whatever the designation, I don’t believe it would be written on the box itself…

H.P.

I knew I should have added that smiley face.

1 Like

I wasn’t 100 % sure you were jocking. Should have known better…

H.P.