Heller AMX-13

And an AMX-10P!!

2 Likes

You went crazy! :grin: maybe you still dream of all versions? :wink:

Well, the AMX 10P is just about the last APC/MICV that has not been produced - apart from a resin version that I think is long out of production - in injected plastic. Oh, and the OT-64 of course. I am, admittedly, thinking of the Cold War period.

No harm in dreaming…!

2 Likes

I’m for yes:+1: :+1:

1 Like

One for each variant: 7.5 mm MG,. 50cal MG and 20 mm turret.

Olivier

‘Not trying to jump too much on the bandwagon here but thought some might be interested in my rendition of one of the Heller kits; I built this back in 2016, just as (I think) the Takom kit came out. That led me to the discovery that the Heller kit was lacking in quite a few details especially of the missile launcher. However, as I was researching this vehicle on the excellent Chars-Francais site I came across this image:

Now, I’m never averse to camouflaging my models so thought I might attempt this, not least as it obscures many of the deficiencies. I resorted to a little bit of gizmology on the missiles which I now realise isn’t that good. I also utilised Friul tracks. Anyway:

Apologies Terry for the hijack.

5 Likes

No problem re thread hijack Brian. The photo of the real thing looks good and your model looks great, especially with those Friul tracks. Thanks for sharing.

That’s a relief - I do get carried away sometimes; I do so like the AMX 13 series - though not sure why. The 2 x Heller 105mm kits I plan to depict as Dutch versions re something approaching this pic (filched, as usual from the web) that is 2 x AMX plus an M38 Jeep.

AMX 13-9

Needless to say, not any time soon.

1 Like

Speaking of photos, does anyone have a decent one of how the driver’s hatch on the /75 is supposed to work? The Takom kit can only be modeled in the closed position, though modifying things into the open position doesn’t seem too challenging. The hang-up is that to do about the rod that connects the main hatch with the secondary flap behind it when open…

Damon.

1 Like

This is great. So much interesting stuff coming out on the AMX-13. Please carry on and use the thread for that, it will help my next builds, and others on here I hope!

The proverbial “silk purse”!

Well don and thanks for sharing!

Damon, try the Chars Francais site:

Accueil (chars-francais.net)

Literally hundreds of pictures and I’m sure you’ll find the answer there. No need to be a French speaker (though that would help obviously) but the site ie easy enough to navigate.

1 Like

When the hatch is swivelled to the left side of the driver station the connection pushes the head protection upwards because it is offset.
I’ll look at my numerous pictures to get you a clear one.

Olivier

1 Like

That’s a useful site Brian, thanks!

Here are 2 pictures of the driver’s hatch.
Closed

Open

On a sidenote the early version didn’t have the head protection.
Olivier

2 Likes

Thanks, exactly the type of photo I was looking for!

Damon.

1 Like

You’re welcome Damon. Feel free to ask for more pictures as I have hundreds of them. I also have a copy of the early technical manual which could help if you intend to scratch build some missing details.

Olivier

1 Like

I have a few photos already, but if you have photos of Ecuadorian AMX-13/105s specifically, that would be awesome. That is one of the projects I’d like to do (I’m working through a model collection of all the gear Ecuador has used at some point, so a long range project; right now it is limited to an AMX-13 APC – good photos since they sometimes show up here where I live – & a Mirage F.1JA in 1/72 scale).

Damon.

1 Like

For those interested, the Bovington Tank Museum have a new display area (in the place of the Tank Factory exhibits) which contains an AMX-13, plus a few other newly displayed exhibits.

Imgur

If you click on the picture, it should take you to my Flickr feed which has a mini walkaround of the AMX-13

Thank you for the walkaround.

Olivier

2 Likes