Hey from Nova Scotia

I decided to get back into modelling after close to a 40 year hiatus. Modelling has taken massive leaps since my venture with Testors tube glue and enamel paints!

I started working on a Ryfield Panzerkampfwagen IV Ausf.H Sd.Kfz.161/1 Early Prod. back in November as my first foray back into the fun. I’ve decided to convert it into a Panzerbefehlswagen. As well, since finding out a lot of Ryfields sprues are from many different versions I am using as many interior parts and scratch building interior parts as I want to have hatches open.

I have an ambitious diorama project I would like complete over the next who knows how long it will take…. I had three great uncles land on Juno at 1100 on 6 June with the North Nova Scotia Highlanders. I have a fictitious scene in mind with the NNSH with PIAT ambushing 12 SS HJ regiment command sometime in late June near Caen in the hedgerows.

So I hope to learn lots here.

Cheers.

14 Likes

Hello from Alberta and welcome to the forum, looking forward to your models!

1 Like

Welcome aboard!! Sounds like a great first project! I used to be in Alberta but now live in Texas

1 Like

Welcome! I look forward to seeing what you do.

1 Like

Welcome from Edmonton Alberta!

1 Like

Hello from (Eastern) Ontario.

P.S. I like your taste in scotch.

1 Like

Welcome along to the forum!

1 Like

Welcome aboard!
:smiley:

1 Like

Welcome aboard. :+1:

1 Like

Bienvenu!!

1 Like

Welcome from across the pond … Enjoy the forums and hope to see some of your work soon :+1:

Welcome from Calgary.
I became part of the forum after 52 yrs. from building, you are right lots of amazing new technquies and materials. This is great place to get up to speed, with all these great builders.
Cheers Dennis

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome.

2 Likes

Greetings!
Welcome back to modeling!
You build mainly armor?
I like to build whatever tickles my fancy. Mainly aircraft and Armor.
You have the Shearwater Air Museum and the HMCS Sackville in Halifax. Would love to see all that someday.
Cheers.

Alan

1 Like

Howdy and welcome aboard from Colorado. :mountain_snow:

—mike

1 Like

I do have a preference for armour (old to new), however I’ve done ships, cars, etc in the past. I would also like to do a scene from Kanadahar, Afghanistan as well (I spent a couple of years there on a couple of tours), LAV, RG31, and Route Clearing Package on Highway 1. I do also want to do an A-10 one of these days (my favourite A/C) and beautiful watching do their work.

There is also the Greenwood Air Museum, about 1 ½ hrs from Halifax, it has some pretty good static displays. The Sackville was brought up in dry-dock repaired and repainted 5-6 years ago.

2 Likes

This is the turret I’m working on. I know the gunsight is nowhere near the right scale or even 100% accurate, its a representation that will only be viewed by open hatches.

I’m happy as it’s the first time ever scrathbuilding. I build the loaders seat from scratch out of miliput.

8 Likes

That looks pretty good to me

3 Likes

Thanks for the confidence vote. Paint is going to be my biggest intimidation.

1 Like

Welcome to Armorama Barney! You’ve found the right place! Your work looks excellent. Hope you enjoy the site.

1 Like