Hi all, how is everyone?

northern Michigan. And a few flakes are still falling

We’ve had winter warnings and snowfall twice this week in Billings, Montana. Enough today that it pushed by our appointment for the spring service on our yard sprinklers (wasnt surprised whent hey called to reschedule). 2 days ago I was standing outside of work in a long sleeve dress shirt only and today its the Columbia parker w liner. But it looks like this was the last gasp of winter with 50’s and 60’s ahead starting tomorrow (almost a 30 degree swing in 24 hours). So back to the woods in two days to chase those turkeys…

Here is a semi-off-topic contribution…

If you look at Amazon, the hobby seems to be thriving as a lot of plastic and resin kit items are listed as “Low stock: 1 or 2 left!” I just browsed some well-known hobby brands and stocks were low.

BEWARE: Amazon is often NOT the CHEAPEST and best place to buy model kits, paints, foliage, and figures. Amazon IS convenient, but you can often purchase kits, figures, foliage, and paint cheaper from a good online hobby shop. So please do shop around first.

So people staying home during COVID must have been buying, building, and painting something…this doesn’t mean that they’re posting on the modeling forums though. :thinking:

“Low stock” could also be a way of making customers stress and hurry and buy NOW without checking for cheaper options. If a seller tries to hurry me I usually dig my heels in …

You left out “finishing”… :grin:

1 Like

I think I have figured out why I was feeling less accomplished lately. When the stay at home order went into affect in March 2020, I had so much free time to build for 10 weeks. Then I went back to work, so I guess I got a little spoiled.

In Australia we have fared far, far better than the rest of the world with Covid. We still have restrictions on social distancing, etc, and this has meant my workplace has had to limit the number of people working in the office to comply with the distance rules. Therefore, we work a roster of in office vs home. The beauty for me, is I get to model during the time I used to travel in and back home, plus a little time in lunch break. I have got a lot more done than I usually would. The down side is that with catching up on all my painting projects, my stock of paints is running dry (… run, dry…bad puns) and the LHS in my area have been unable to restock. One LHS expected their order to be delivered way late, in December, but still have not received it at all. Car colours are still available in some places.

If things don’t improve, you may be seeing Vivid Purple, Razzle Dazzle Red and Buttercup Yellow panzers from me in future.

4 Likes

I’m in the sane situation, working from home. I too use my previous commute time and lunch to get extra bench time

3 Likes