Hi all, how is everyone?

Hello all,
Seems as if my builds have come to a crawl, not for lack of motivation but for other demands getting in the way. I’m trying to get stuff done for the nationals, but life is not cooperating. Work has been whack, but I press on. Anyway, just wanted to chime in that I’m still here. How is everyone?
Cheers all, and Viva Los Vegas!

2 Likes

Life does have an unfortunate habit of getting in the way.
I actually managed to paint the inside or hidden surfaces of some road wheels for a T-30 tank prototype yesterday

2 Likes

Happens to us all. Not going Vegas but our contest is taking up more time, along with work and life. Lucky if I get 30 mins a week.

1 Like

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde, work is the curse of the modelling classes! Fortunately Kitmaker is always here when next you find the time to indulge in a hobby… :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m reserving the Monday and Wednesday afternoons for my scale modeling.
And even I find that isn’t enough to do all the things that involve my scale modeling hobby.
I even have to temporarily stop with building projects to free time to study about the models I have build so far.
And with the summer getting closer and closer, I think that I have to stop even longer with the building projects.
We all have our difficulties with finding time to work on our scale models for whatever reason.
It is no different for me.
Live gets in the way indeed and you can’t always find the time to do what you want.
Sadly that is life.
Not much can be changed about that.
Have a nice day and hopefully you will be able to find some more time to spend on you loved hobby.
What do you actually build?

2 Likes

I like to build aircraft (fixed wing and rotary), armor, and automotive (cars and motorcycles).
I’m managing to get a little modeling done today. Currently working on a Mig-31, a T-55 and a OH-58D Kiowa.

1 Like

I will be fine. Once I can finally, finish these darn old site archives. Down to the final two though now. :slight_smile:

Otherwise, trying to get out of the basement and walk regularly and enjoy the outside.

4 Likes

Glad you’re not walking irregularly - it’s bad for the joints! :grin:

1 Like

It might be bad for the joints, but it’s good for the heart. :wink:

Spring planting season on the hill: tractor repairs, irrigation pond dredging, irrigation pump replacement, irrigation pipes, hoses and sprinklers to maintain and fix, and… oh yea, tilling and planting! Get all that done, then “pollen season” is about over, and it’s time for power washing just abut everything in sight. In between, acres and acres to mow and a few hundreds of meters of encroaching wood line to cut back.

Getting close to the end of the spring time surge, though. Soon hopefully moving to the maintenance stage (mostly routine mowing), so hopefully some modeling time again in the not too distant future.

1 Like

Wow Michael, that’s quite the job. Hope everything comes up roses.

1 Like

I can see I’m not the only one being struggling to find time for scale modeling.

1 Like

Just the great cycle of the seasons… I’m not much of a farmer, but my pop, who’s now in his late 80s, needs his freshly plowed dirt, seeds and water. If it makes him happy, well, it’s a small thing, really.

1 Like

Same here, its turkey hunting season here so thats my spare time for the next month with a little bench time thrown in. By the time that wraps up its time for fishing, from the kayak and fly fishing which i wade in to do depending on how the winter melt runoff hits, Figure in work, family and the yard it gets tough to peel away some hours for the other hobbies. Oh yeah, gotta build two desks, bookshleves and storage cabinets out of rough cut popular for the wife along with finishing touches for the remodel we did last fall. Ok, now I’m just depressing myself on the must do’s/honey do’s vs playing…

1 Like

Indeed, life gets in the way. Between school, my MIT course, work around the house, spending time with the missus, and working at a hobby shop of course, I’ve been getting far less work done than I might like to have. Ah well, makes you enjoy the time where work gets done that much more!

1 Like

Well I see I’m not alone rowing this boat.
Thanks for the comments all.

1 Like

Spring!!! It’s snowing here!

Spring!!! It’s about 100° out!

You in Missouri? It snowed here in St. Louis for a good chunk of the day yesterday. All gone now of course because freaking snow is late April?!?!

:snowflake::sunny::snowflake::sunny:… That’s what it does here on the Western Slope, CO.
If I take the sandbags out of my truck, a snow dump is guaranteed!