Hi Everyone

Hey folks, my name is Phil.

I’m a newbie here but I’ve been building models since I was a kid in the 1970s. I’m definitely no more than a very average modeller but I like to check out everyone’s build’s and views, whether beginner, expert or anywhere in between.

I’m in the UK but I have strong family ties to the USA.

All the best,
Phil

7 Likes

@Phil_B Phil, Welcome to the forum! There’s lots of us who started model building in the 70’s! Anways happy to have another model on board.

What do you enjoy building?

Welcome aboard Phil. :+1:

Welcome aboard!
:smile:

Hi Phil, what side of London are you at? My Essex MAFVA club meets in Hornchurch if you’re in the area and want to meet other modellers in the flesh! (First Tuesday of each month, 7-10pm, Fairkytes Art Centre…)

Thanks for the warm welcome guys. I’m mainly into cars of the racing variety in 1/20, 1/24 and lately 1/12 scales. There are a lot of 1/72 &1/48 aircraft kits in my stash though plus a couple of 1/32 BAe Hawks. Sadly no armour but my 1/20 Fine Molds Willys MB Jeep is military. :grin:

I’m in Edmonton, north London which makes getting to Hornchurch a bit awkward but I appreciate the invitation. I sure did miss Southern Expo this year having attended all of the last 10 shows or so.

Phil

1 Like

Welcome along Phil!

1 Like

Greetings and salutations :grin:… Good to have a new bloke to harass :+1::+1: only kidding, have good time and hopefully see some of your work soon.

1 Like

Yeah, it’s been a harsh couple of years, what with Expo coming to an end and all the other shows round here on Covid-hold. At least the MAFVA nationals up in St Ives are finally going ahead this June!

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Welcome Phil! There is an amazing amount of talent here, sadly, none of it is mine. Enjoy yourself, mate!

1 Like

Thanks Allen, I certainly will.

All the best,
Phil

1 Like

That’s a good line; I may have to use it, not least as it’s so apposite!

2 Likes

Allen, I’m happy to add my name to the less talented end of things… I bet you’re just being modest though.

Phil

1 Like

Hello Boots, by all means, mate. I will have to dig deep to top that one, eh?

Respectfully,
Allen