Hobby Boss Eitan

Hobby Boss have announced an Eitan.

IDF Eitan Wheeled APC, HobbyBoss 84509 (2024)

6 Likes

Oohh!
Cool!
I hope they don’t make too many mistakes …

4 Likes

Mazel tov! Come to Papa…

2 Likes

Yes more 8x8 !! with VBM Freccia Trumpeter that’s great!!

1 Like

Oh, not Hobby Boss…
Would much rather see Meng or RFM kit this vehicle.
I hope the aftermarket companies are already gearing up with the correction \ detail sets.

4 Likes

That’s a little unfair. No one has even done a “First Look!” review, ogled the parts, and told us what a great build it’s going to be.
Only then can you be sure it won’t be up to snuff.

1 Like

Just going by the Hobby Boss reputation. It almost seems that Hobby Boss is Trumpeter’s B Team. They have a knack for soft \ missing detail and erroneous dimensions. Their kits just aren’t that sharp. I have about a dozen or so Hobby Boss kits and they are all just kind of meh. I bought them because of subject matter, but they’re going to need a lot of work.

2 Likes

I am interested in this one and in the 30mm turret version.

3 Likes

I’d be absolutely astonished if one of Meng, RFM, Takom or even Tamiya don’t pick this one up as well. Guaranteed this wont be the only one in styrene.

I’ve got the Tiger AMX-30RC upstairs with the NEXTER turret and i’m already thinking kitbash here…

1 Like

Thats true. I remember their Mk.4 with completely wrong suspension and Mk.3 D with wrong proportions of the rear hull baskets and stowage bins with fenders.

1 Like

Yeah, I’ll grab one, but as mentioned above, I’m hoping Meng or RFM do this, too.
That straight line of hull armour above the wheels stands out to me as pre-production not serial, the side bins, the periscope between the second and third road wheel is a camera between the first and second, the position of the exhaust…

Hay, it is only the box art after all, contents may differ…

1 Like

You mean a company would actually market a prototype as a production vehicle? Say it ain’t so. :rofl:

3 Likes

Hobbyboss is closer to this, but the front of the kit box art leaves me cold.

1 Like

That would be a “world first”, almost a record of some sort …
hang on, I’m calling Guinness World Records …

1 Like

Don’t forget the Panda M109A7.

2 Likes

It kinda looks like a segmented worm.

I could maybe see myself building one for funsies if the price is low and the tires are styrene. Maybe turn it into a science fiction vehicle.

1 Like

At least I can’t be blamed for it :joy: once I got blamed for the merkava IV I stopped working for them and went straight to AFV CLUB…
I’m trying to figure out who worked for them on this one…

5 Likes

Good to know :+1: :grin:

When/If someone who knows this vehicle starts finding errors then it will be time to start chasing down the “informant” :wink: :rofl:

2 Likes