HobbyBoss M911 w/Talbert Trailer #85524

Hello,
Please be aware that this kit is missing sprue “E” from the factory. Those sprues, there are two, are needed to complete the model as it has parts for the wheels. The original M911, kit #85519, has these sprues, but HobbyBoss failed to include them with the new 85524. I contacted Trumpeter and their answer was to buy it at “hobbydna”. Trouble is, they do not have them in stock.
I have contacted Trumpeter/HobbyBoss again as well as Sprue Bros (where I purchased the kit) and will update with their response.

2 Likes

Good luck

2 Likes

Not good. :flushed: I have this kit also. So, I’ll pull mine out of the storage and see if this sprue is missing in mine as well. Hope not :angry:

2 Likes

Hi,
Just a follow-up.
Even after another attempt to contact Trumpeter, they really were no help. Sprue Brothers, on the other hand, came through. They contacted me and stated that the US importer of this kit will be sending me the replacement sprues along with instructions.
John

2 Likes

A follow-up on this topic.
Sprue Brothers and MRC (the distributor) have contacted me, and this appears to an isolated problem. Hobby Boss caught this problem early on and thought they had corrected it. Apparently, a few kits slipped through, mine being one, before the correction was made.
I want to offer my thanks to Sprue Brothers and MRC for the way this issue was resolved.
John

2 Likes