Hoffman Tank Gunfire Simulator...Help! Reference Needed!

I’m hoping the awesome community here can help a bro out. I’m in need of some good pictures of the Hoffman device most notably the top of the unit for the charge wiring layout and other details. Here are two pics I gotz on file…

FOR DISCUSSION ONLY!!

Many Thanks in Advance.
:v: :nerd_face:

1 Like

That guy should have the cable disconnected before added the charges

1 Like

I don’t have any photos, but what you have gives you most of what you need. The main electrical cable connects in the back. There are nine connection points, two on each side, and five on top. The wires from any charge can pretty much be connected to any of the nine points.
Ken

2 Likes

Thanks Ken! That info helps a lot!
:+1: :nerd_face:

2 Likes

This is what I love about his website… you ask for help and it’s given quickly with detail information. I have few M1A1/2 tanks in my collection and this little accessory will be placed on at least one of those suckers for sure. When it was time I would have ask similar question because it’s little details that set things apart. Thank you ALL for all your help.

1 Like

Excellent Jasper just what the doctor ordered!!! Thanks for posting these.
:+1: :nerd_face: :+1:

1 Like

I couldn’t agree more…awesome website for sure!
:nerd_face:

A quick note. The US version uses a different mount and does not use the deflector plate.

1 Like

Interesting bit of trivia about the Hoffman simulators: The connector plugs can be cut off and the wires connected to an M18 Claymore mine wire and “clacker,” This makes for a great command detonated Claymore simulator!

(Keep the bare wires twisted together - i.e. “shunted” - until ready to emplace.)

Happy ambush training!

2 Likes

You can set these off with a 9V battery if I remember correctly.
I’ve seen people get hurt by these things if not treated with respect.

@Dan I used to use flashlight batteries or the vehicle battery to set them off.
These things got a really bad reputation for hurting people, but then a lot of people were doing dumb things like setting them off with batteries or Claymore clackers. Those were the days!
Ken

Shut off the power, unplug the cable, stay behind the launcher and you’re good!
Hard to do when in a hurry however.

Also works great with commo wire and a 9 Volt battery… :shushing_face:
For command detonation or mechanical ambush…

1 Like

This is all very useful information guys lol ! Wish I would have k own it back when :laughing: