How do you currently login?

We are having some issues with one of our unified login providers so I am looking to see how people are logging in.

How do you login?

• Standard username and password for this site
  • Facebook Login
  • Google Login
  • Patreon Login
  • Twitter Login
  • Passkey Login
0 voters

Thanks,
Jim

I am currently on Patreon login but I’d rather be on Standard user name, but . . . I can’t remember my original password and the site?/Discourse? absolutely will not respond with an email to my mail box :rage:

Hope y’all can get this fixed :face_with_spiral_eyes:

Cajun :crocodile:

Actually,i’m never logged out,when I acess the the site,always on my phone, i’m automatically logged on

5 Likes

I’m on a big desktop PC and it keeps me logged in all the time.

3 Likes

So do I.
And when I’m travelling I lock in only once on my tablet.

2 Likes

I think Discourse used to have issues with some e-mail providers.
What are you using, i.e. the stuff after the @-sign?

I tried telling discourse to send you a reset e-mail, check if it arrives, maybe it gets dumped in the spam-folder?

For me it the same as Tojo72 although I do also login via a work pc during a lunch break from time to time and that is via normal login / password.

1 Like

Nothing in the Inbox, Spambox or Junkmail. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Could you visit your Profile (click your avatar 1 + 1 times),

click Preferences

and check that the e-mail is correct, use the spanner/wrench to edit if necessary

Do you get other e-mails from Kitmaker?

Email address is correct, no mail from KM for quite some time. :frowning_face:

Which e-mail provider are you using, i.e. the stuff after the @-sign?

Do you have another e-mail (other provider) that you could use?
I know that it works with gmail.

I went to patreon and they sent me a code, I stay logged in on my cell but I usually stay logged in on my office pc as well, I logged out at work thinking I was going to change my password but this issue developed and I’m kinda stuck.

There is also a way to add secondary emails to your account if you are logged in. Perhaps that would allow you to get the password reset.

— Doh! I see Robin has already covered that part –

And with 35 people responding so far no Facebook logins. Which is good because we likely are going to lose all Facebook login functionality soon as Facebook is requiring ridiculous levels of hoop jumping on a regular basis to keep in good graces with them. The final straw was that I would need to provide business verification documents which I simply don’t have anymore as I run this as a sole proprietorship and it’s not incorporated, etc. There apparently IS a way to do this as a non-business app but no amount of reconfiguring my settings allowed me to switch our app over to that, so they will stop all functionality as of the end of June. It’s fine. I don’t like Meta/Facebook much these days anyway. Mark Zuckerburg is a bit of an idiot. And the way they run this Developer area of their business is proof.

4 Likes

As long as I am railing against big tech companies… Microsoft email sucks arse. Outlook is a joke (as I have to use it at my Mom’s house regularly) and guess who owns Hotmail? Microsoft.

For everyone with these seriously old and outdated services (AOL, Yahoo, Hotmail, etc), get used to mail problems because they barely run these divisions as real services. They just bought these companies to get your personal info. Now that they have them they certainly aren’t trying to make these services work any better or even keep up with the times.

I know for a fact for example that Sendgrid (our mail sending company) has regular problems with Hotmail because instead of coming up with spam algorithms or proper spam reporting they simply block IP addresses they think are offenders.

1 Like

I havent’t covered it.
I was thinking about replacing the primary e-mail
but adding a secondary would give more or less the same effect

You mean MicroSh!t?

1 Like

Well keyed… well keyed… :keyboard: :grin:

1 Like

After your beat down of Microsoft/Hot Mail I changed my email address to a Gmail account I prefer not to use, after two days of trying I FINALLY was able to get logged in to an account but my account that I’ve been using for the last three years is all fouled up, I’ve lost my history and had to create an account in Armorama as well as KitMaker, I’m no techno wizard so I know some of this is most likely my fault but let me say I F******ing HATE Google.

cajun :nauseated_face:

Hi Terry,
You didn’t have to create a new account. You could just associate this Gmail account with your existing account (or I can do that for you) and then use that email for login, etc.

Are you using the Google login with your Gmail account? If we kill this new account and associate your Gmail email as a secondary email I think the Google login will still work that way.

Let me know if you want to do that.

Jim

2 Likes