How to airbrush AK Interactive varnish?

Good day everyone,

I’m working on my project of the Sd. Kfz. 234/2 Puma from Italeri.
And I got a ‘problem’.
I want to use the MIG Afrika Korps wash to highlight a detail of the model that is hardly even visible without the wash.
However, if I remember correctly I also need to use a varnish for that to work properly.
And that’s where the problem comes in.
I want to use my airbrush to work on that.
But, I don’t know how AK Interactive varnishes work.
I’ve seen a video of Will Pattison how he does lay down a gloss coat with Mr. Hobby paint.
But I don’t know if it will work with the AK Interactive varnish as well.

I’ve also done a quick search on YouTube hoping to find a quick and short video on how to actually do this.
But, no luck.
From looking at the results, I didn’t see that much promising video’s on how to do this.
We are talking here about gloss varnish, if I’m right.

I’m in a hurry, because I want to keep the project going in order to be able to spend time on working with my other projects.
And to work away the stash I’ve currently standing, because I most like to have just one kit that I build and nomore at all.
I find it keeps things organized, gives me rest and more important.
It doesn’t take up that much space, since space in general is limited.

I hope you can help me and if you need any additonal information to help me out. Don’t hesitate to ask for it and I will provide it gladly.

Spray your varnish as you would paint, thin just a bit and I prefer to lay down my varnish in a couple of quick light coats. Clean your airbrush thoroughly. Personally I try to get a couple of kits at that stage and knock a few out in a session.

1 Like

Thank you for the tip.
However, I don’t build several kits at a time.
I don’t have the time for that and it’s easy to loose overview of everything.
Especially in todays chaotic life.