How You Perceive Color

Found this remarkable resource, posted by color guru Nick Millman.

Are you among the 1 in 255 women and 1 in 12 men who have some form of color vision deficiency? If you work in a field where color is important, or you’re just curious about your color IQ, take our online challenge to find out.

Color Challenge and Hue Test

check your colour perception…

2 Likes

Cool test! :sunglasses:

Must not be accurate. It says I got zero… my wife tells me I am not perfect… :rofl:

1 Like

I should buy a color monitor.

6 Likes

I got the big goose egg, too. Oooooohhhh, that’s gonna torque SWMBO off. She and the kid say I’m color blind b/c they don’t see color like I do. :face_with_hand_over_mouth: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :shushing_face:

3 Likes

:rofl: just spit coffee all over the screen

1 Like

2! Not bad I’d say for a dirty mobile screen.

2 Likes

Got a score of 2 ~ I would say not bad at all for my age group.

2 Likes

2, also & blaming that on the mobile phone as well :grinning:

1 Like

My wife got a 0…

Ha. I scored a 26. Must be damned near color blind.

1 Like

That’s a very good score. I’d bet anything under 50 is very good.

The scores go to like 1.8 million and that’s a bad score.

I’m not really sure how relevant color perception is in our hobby. In the two clubs I belong to there is a guy in each that is color blind. Don’t know if it’s the red-green or blue-yellow. Anyway, despite this “handicap” both consistently produce award willing models. Go figure.

1 Like

I used my wife’s hoity toity computer with the color monitor. Scored “2”

Color accuracy can be “fun” to discuss sort of like endless baseball statistics :sweat_smile:

I agree, color accuracy is practically irrelevant. Decided that long ago and had that confirmed again after seeing two pictures of the same Sherman at Samur. It was kaki brown in one picture and olive Drab in another picture. Pictures taken, IIRC same day with same camera but several hours a part. Different lighting conditions of course.

1 Like

I have two different brand LED flood lamps in my bathroom ceiling. There is a definite color shift when I walk just a few feet wearing these pants. They are one in the same 5.11 tactical in color tundra. The color shifts from green to brown quite dramatically.

Unknown

1 Like

Color isn’t my problem. I can’t seem to remember what is though.:thinking:

3 Likes

Color is not the only factor. The test was for Hue only. My wife and I bought some artwork from a colorblind artist. His work was in shades of gray… He had tone and shade perfect.

4 Likes

I think it’s Dana Bell, who in one of his color books, explained that DuPont quality control had their color expert take the chips outside during a relatively short window of a few days near the summer equinox, in a very small time frame, when he would examine the chips under full sun on a clear day. That’s how they matched and rematched colors and quality control way back when.

1 Like

When I had the interior of my house painted, I chose Taupe. It was a Sandy color that should have been neutral and matched every thing that I put in the house. It was the same color that the Builder used in all of his houses. When it dried, it dried too kind of a Battleship Gray. They brought their sample stick over as well as the stick that they used for my paint. They looked a identical until you went outside in the sunlight. That’s when one could see a very subtle difference in the colors.