I finally ordered a Takom Jagdpanther, what else is needed?

I’ve finally ordered Takom’s Jagdpanther G2. I don’t know why I had a hard time making the decision other than Dragon, Meng, and Ryefield kits are also good kits that were in the running. What aftermarket items, if any, would you recommend for the kit?

Hi, nice choice. The Takom kit being a newish release probably builds up into a very nice build straight out of the box, perhaps no upgrades are necessary?

All depends on how much time you want to spend on it. General rule of thumb for me is an aftermarket barrel and PE set from voyager, and some tracks, preferably from TRex.

Enjoy the kit!

Thanks.I know the kit supposed to be good. It might be here by the end of the week.

Very little else is needed would be my answer.

Building the Bergepanther right now. (I am assuming the Jagdpanther has much the same interior detail as the Berge.)

I suggest when you build and install the torque rod assemblies (The Black and Green items.) for the suspension you just put them into the floor plate loose and let them rattle around bit. It will make it much easier when attempting to line up the side wall plates with the bottom plate. You can hit them with a little liquid glue later to tie them down once the floor and the two side walls are all buttoned up. Then hit the whole assembly with a little Tamiya Matte Clear (TS-80) rattle can spray to kill any glue shine that might be there before proceeding. Just say’n.

1 Like

One comment though: I do wish Takom had broken down the engine air cleaners into their separate sub-assembly parts. I would have liked to have shown them partly dissembled.

Is there an after market etched kit for just this area? I am considering taking other parts from my spares bin and trying to deconstruct these items, or at least one of them.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up! I am going to do a first looks review as soon as it arrives comparing the parts to a Dragon Panther G I have that is unbuilt.