I’m done with Armorama

Too many condescending 'less than normally intelligent" on here anymore. Been here for many years, it’s been fun, but I come here to relax and talk about tanks and modeling and not to be mocked and looked down upon. I won’t be responding to this message or even reading responses, logging out for good, take care, happy modeling, and to all you “aggravating people” out there, you know who you are, go to “a very hot place” and have a “less than agreeable” life

1 Like

WTF, I don’t know what to say.
Give it 24 hours sir.

1 Like

Im sorry to hear this, Apart from a couple people I think everyone is very friendly and helpful to each other. I personally think if you left it would be a great loss to everyone on here.

3 Likes

This is a shame, I’ll miss your participation here James, you’ve always presented yourself as humble and courteous in your posts and replies, personaly I feel like we lost the wrong person.
I heard an intresting saying this morning, “Let your haters be your motivators”, I regret you were motivated to leave.

Cajun

3 Likes

See ya :yawning_face: I hate when people have to announce their intentions with all the drama.
If your not happy then just go and spare us the drama.

4 Likes

Huh… I don’t quite get it.

I was curious what or who specifically might have prompted you to this, but from what seems to be your last post from 6d ago, there didn’t seem to be anything but modeling brotherly love. Same for a couple of other posts and threads you were active in. I’m sorry, but I just couldn’t identify anyone who fits your description of abusive behavior. Clearly I’ve missed something. Perhaps you’d consider posting up some links to the threads you’re referencing?

Still, I felt the same way some years back and left the forums over what I thought was some unacceptable behavior by another member (who is no longer here, BTW). I certainly have no room to criticize your action now. To each his or her own, as they say. If leave you must, then leave you should.

I would say, though, that I came back to the new forums because there is a lot more potential with the new format and forum design for the collective of users to establish and influence group norms of acceptable behavior.

FWIW, I’d encourage you to reconsider and increase your level of activity rather than decrease it (or leave). More participation results in higher “trust levels” which in turn empowers the more active forum patrons with more influence over the directions and group norms. In short, if you feel there are some number of “disagreeable persons” here, you, along with other influential contributors, would be able to moderate their behavior so they don’t abuse not just you, but also help stop them from doing the same to others.

The new forums are still young, yet, but there is a lot of potential here to collectively make this a better internet place than it ever has been. It’s up to you, though.

5 Likes

He says he won’t be reading responses or following this thread.
Right,we will see

2 Likes

I’ve only been active on here for a few weeks. For the most part this a good civil knowledgeable crew. I can only think of one guy that I’ve seen giving smug condescending answers to several folks here in that time.
If this forum has a “ignore member” feature, why not hit that and carry on?

2 Likes

I agree with SdAfuKla. I did not see where someone made inapproperate comments to you. Were you upset with an exchange someone made to another person or did someone PM you? We seem to have fewer issues with negative comments in the new forum. I try to tactfully point out to the offender of negative comments that there is a point and that they have crossed it. Please think about returning.

3 Likes

I agree with Carlos, don’t let that one “disagreeable person” drive you from the forums.

I can somewhat sympathize with Kenaicop as I’ve felt the same, a few times, as the result of some “know-it-all-know-nothings”. But, on the other other hand, replies are just written words and can be mis-interpreted, as the tone and intent are not always apparent. Get “angry”, get over it, and ignore it! :angry:
:smiley:

1 Like

Guess it’ll always be a mystery as to exactly why @Kenaicop is actually leaving. His history of posts (at least here in the new forums) don’t show what I would consider any condescending or nasty answers. With the ability to block and/or report any malicious comments or activity to a Moderator I always find it odd when someone gets all butthurt and quits. I also find it odd that some people have to announce their departure with little or no context as to the reason why.
Anyway, @Kenaicop, if you do indeed come back and read this thread (which in all likelihood you will) I wish you happy modeling and a great New Year. Sorry you weren’t more specific about what upset you.
C.

3 Likes

This thread has been flagged as inappropriate to get attention from moderators (I saw the first post and it isn’t totally inappropriate in my opinion) so now I am steppping in officially.
There were some words in the original post and replies which I have chosen to edit to more “polite” versions but I will let the rest of the content stand.

Some people can be aggravating and as others have said: They can be ignored.
Some are more sensitive than others, we are all different, some can be tough as boot leather in some areas and drama queens in other …

5 Likes

I totally agree.

Sorry but this topic (considering the posts Kenaicop posted on the old forums and the lack of some topic history that would justify this kind of rant) smacks of “I don’t like the new forums” and I am taking my toys and going home. If that sounds condescending to some. Oh well. Calling it like I see it. The sites are here if you want to use them. If you don’t, that’s your prerogative. But topics like this (as others have stated) are not needed and don’t make your departure look anything but a tad childish.

If you are having an actual problem with people who are harassing you or anything like that you can report it and we can deal with those kinds of situations. I mean let’s be REAL here. There are zero communities or social media sites on the internet where there isn’t someone or MANY someones who think there are “condescending morons” using them. If you can find a “perfect” community like that. Go for it.

This topic will be archived. It’s a dead horse already and doesn’t need any more abuse.

1 Like